Subscribe
    1 Day Ago  Mar 27, 2017, 8:13 PM - Re: STAR WARS Rebels new animated series! #5351

I liked how Sato's move mirrored Thrawn's. Just as Thrawn studies their tactics & uses the rebels' strengths against them, Sato understood the Imperial urge for personal glory. He knew his suicide run would draw the interdictor in to capture him.
    1 Day Ago  Mar 27, 2017, 9:00 PM - Re: STAR WARS Rebels new animated series! #5352

Easy, you hyperspace from the other side of the planet to an intermediate location, then jump (one or more times) to your destination.
    But as pointed out, the same problem exists with ESB, so I'll go with it....
    From
    Annapolis MD
    1 Day Ago  Mar 27, 2017, 11:57 PM - Re: STAR WARS Rebels new animated series! #5353

I'm hoping that Thrawn will take out Crystal Skull Commando girl next season. She did a pretty poor job of preventing rebel escape.
    From
    Wendell, NC
    20 Hours Ago  Mar 28, 2017, 8:09 AM - Re: STAR WARS Rebels new animated series! #5354

Really enjoyed the S3 ending episodes. A defeat but at least some survived and it looks like we will see more Mandalorean stuff and a return to Ezra's home planet.

Great space battles! As far as Thrawn goes, I think he has been a good villain in Rebels. We can't have a "perfect' bad guy because the war would be over. I think Thrawn has been a great strategist and he almost wiped out a chunk of the Rebellion this season plus he obviously has plenty of past victories to get to his position. It will be interesting to see how his actual downfall takes place.
    17 Hours Ago  Mar 28, 2017, 10:21 AM - Re: STAR WARS Rebels new animated series! #5355

It's episodes like those last two that bring me back into this show. Most of the time the episodes just seem like filler to me. Sometime after this show concludes I would like to maybe download only the episodes I feel are actually pertinent to the Star Wars story and keep them as one story.
    From
    Walnut, CA
    17 Hours Ago  Mar 28, 2017, 10:27 AM - Re: STAR WARS Rebels new animated series! #5356

Laspector said: View Post
    It's episodes like those last two that bring me back into this show. Most of the time the episodes just seem like filler to me. Sometime after this show concludes I would like to maybe download only the episodes I feel are actually pertinent to the Star Wars story and keep them as one story.
    The thing is that most episodes are actually pertinent to the overall story, they just seem like filler but there's usually a nugget of story arc in the episode in them. Just because the entire episode isn't centered around the main story arc for the season doesn't mean that it doesn't somehow tie in to the overall story arc.
    From
    Walnut, CA
    17 Hours Ago  Mar 28, 2017, 10:34 AM - Re: STAR WARS Rebels new animated series! #5357

Mara Jade's Father said: View Post
    I've said something to this a lot so forgive me if this sounds familiar...

One of the things I like about Star wars is the lack of technobabble. As fans, it is our role to take in the story and believe that events. No one here is master space strategists. No on here knows exactly what resources the Empire has brought as in what is seen and what is not seen. Nor does anyone here know what those resources can do or what the limitations of the rebel resources might be.

If you are a real fan, then you take the story for what it is and believe that Rebels had limited options to escape and what they did was the best choice to escape.

If you're not, then maybe you would be happier watching something else.
    It's not a matter of technobabble or a lack there of, it's 2 dimensional thinking that's the problem. The writers are approaching the scenario from a land/water based approach, like the Rebels are trapped in a port/harbor and the Empire is outside of it with a blockade to keep the Rebel fleet from getting out to the open ocean where they can escape. What the writers are forgetting is that the Rebels have the option of flying in the atmosphere around to the back of the planet and take off into space from there. To go with my port/harbor blockade analogy, it would be like if a large river connected to the back of the port and the Rebels could sail up the river to where it exits at another part of the ocean far from the enemy blockade.
    17 Hours Ago  Mar 28, 2017, 10:51 AM - Re: STAR WARS Rebels new animated series! #5358

While I agree, and this problem extends far beyond Star Wars; it IS consistent with what we see in the films...
    16 Hours Ago  Mar 28, 2017, 11:27 AM - Re: STAR WARS Rebels new animated series! #5359

Riceball said: View Post
    The thing is that most episodes are actually pertinent to the overall story, they just seem like filler but there's usually a nugget of story arc in the episode in them. Just because the entire episode isn't centered around the main story arc for the season doesn't mean that it doesn't somehow tie in to the overall story arc.
    Yeah, I understand all that. Doesn't mean I have to sit through it all, though.
    12 Hours Ago  Mar 28, 2017, 3:17 PM - Re: STAR WARS Rebels new animated series! #5360

I've mostly liked what they've done with Thrawn, and how much of Zahn has made it through.

Which is both a compliment to the writers for successfully incorporating what is arguably the best of the old EU....and maybe a bit of a knock that they couldn't come up with something equally awesome themselves.

(hey, I'm not Zahn, either)
    11 Hours Ago  Mar 28, 2017, 4:19 PM - Re: STAR WARS Rebels new animated series! #5361

Yeah. There's filler....And then there's rebels filler

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
    From
    NAS Jacksonville
    11 Hours Ago  Mar 28, 2017, 4:34 PM - Re: STAR WARS Rebels new animated series! #5362

No, you don't have to... you GET to.

That's how Star Wars fans should feel about any quality storytelling. And this is quality storytelling. It might not be the story you want each week but you should embrace the story, the info, the characters, every nuance especially any new information that expands what we know about the Star Wars universe.

Folks..

It's not rocket science. You either like the show or you don't.

It has been said many times; Star Wars is not science fiction... it is fantasy. If you are a fan, you should just sit back and enjoy the stories they are trying to tell you. If you can't do that, then take the advice of that Sandtrooper... move along.
    11 Hours Ago  Mar 28, 2017, 4:34 PM - Re: STAR WARS Rebels new animated series! #5363

It's not a matter of technobabble or a lack there of, it's 2 dimensional thinking that's the problem. The writers are approaching the scenario from a land/water based approach, like the Rebels are trapped in a port/harbor and the Empire is outside of it with a blockade to keep the Rebel fleet from getting out to the open ocean where they can escape. What the writers are forgetting is that the Rebels have the option of flying in the atmosphere around to the back of the planet and take off into space from there. To go with my port/harbor blockade analogy, it would be like if a large river connected to the back of the port and the Rebels could sail up the river to where it exits at another part of the ocean far from the enemy blockade.
    EXACTLY! As I watched this, all I could think was 'fly the other way' you dumb asses Then it's made even more ridiculous when Ezra needs a 'gap' to make the jump to hyperspace and don't get me started on zero gravity.
    Yeah I know it's a kids cartoon but c'mon i'm not breeding idiots.
    11 Hours Ago  Mar 28, 2017, 4:52 PM - Re: STAR WARS Rebels new animated series! #5364

Oh, you guys are priceless. I either have to like all of it or none of it? Sorry, that doesn't work for me. I like some of Rebels, but for the most part I consider it forgettable. I've watched every episode, but I only consider a couple handfuls of them to be note worthy. There's nothing wrong with the show, I just don't care about Sabine's Mandalorian heritage and all that other stuff.

You like what you like and I'll like what I like. I've been a die hard SW fan since May '77. I'll happily take what I want and discard the rest. I have no obligation to love all of it. I picked and chose what I liked in the EU, certainly did not devour all of it.
    From
    Baltimore, MD
    9 Hours Ago  Mar 28, 2017, 6:21 PM - Re: STAR WARS Rebels new animated series! #5365

cboath said: View Post
    I'll have to watch that end bit again, but in no way did it come across as a 17 year old.

- - - Updated - - -

I want to say there was a voice as well....and that voice certainly didn't sound like one that'd changed.
    Remember, Ezra met Leia already. So Luke is the same age as Leia when Ezra met her.
    From
    Miamisburg, OH (near Dayton)
    8 Hours Ago  Mar 28, 2017, 7:45 PM - Re: STAR WARS Rebels new animated series! #5366

You're not hearing what we were saying though. There are safe hyperspace routes that are comparable to the interstate highway system in the U.S. They are mapped and everyone uses them. Yeah you could go off into some random direction, but you're probably going to run into something. There are probably unknown routes that smugglers use or other groups know about, but if you don't you might end up flying through a black hole. I really doubt the Rebel's strategy is always fly into the attacking fleet to escape! It made more sense in ESB because they planned to use the ion cannon to temporarily knock them out first.