STAR WARS Rebels new animated series!

Well this seems to answer the question of whether or not Maul will confront Kenobi on Tatooine. But will he kill Maul or will Maul get away yet again? I'm excited to find out!

Not really.

I mean I think that is the way it is going but Star Wars fans do a lot of assuming (which is a re-occuring problem in this thread). Just because Maul knows where Obi Wan is, does not mean that he will reach him. For all we know, Kanan and Ezra will stop him be for he gets to Kenobi. Do I think that will happen? No. I just like to be aware that there are options.

At the end of last season, David F. or someone else mentioned we will see (forgot how they worded it) something happen that is part of the Star Wars lore. I speculated (with out much real proof) that we might see why the cave on Dagobah is filled with the dark side. I think it be interesting if somehow Maul ends up on Dagobah and meets his demise there.

yes! awesome!!!

- - - Updated - - -

Hadn't seen the caps above til now, so i looks like i have something to tweak, but based on the pilots screen caps alone, i have this:

i ez1.PNGez2.PNG

As much as I love Yoda, I really like how they are showing more about the Force and showing that the Jedi dogma was not necessarily right. I think it became too dogmatic and they lost sight of what they really were. Of course, you don't know this Bendu guy so maybe being in the middle isn't right either. There was a story line in the old EU that petered out fairly quickly, where someone tried to convince Luke that it was your intent while using a power, not the power. So supposedly you could use Force lightning, but if you were doing it for good, it wasn't the Dark Side. I thought it was stupid though. It's like the line Palpatine said in ROTS where he said the Dark Side would teach you to use powers that some consider unnatural... So I'm like "Yeah I want to see the weird stuff you can do!" I don't want everyone to use the same powers!

With that in mind, was I being good or bad when I used Force Push to push Stormtroopers off of high ledges to their deaths in the various Jedi Knight games? It never struck as a very Jedi kind of thing to do but, damn did I like doing that.

My nephew watched the last episode again today and I started thinking that we have never seen anything about where the Rebels build their fighters. Presumably the capital ships are ones that were already built, but the newer fighters had to be manufactured. We've seen examples of TIE Fighters being built in The Force Unleashed, but never Rebel fighters. I don't know if they will keep the X-Wing acquisition story canon (Incom engineers defecting with prototypes and all their info on it), but that would be cool to see along with wherever they build them. So I'm guessing the Rebels have factories hidden somewhere where they build B-Wings and X-Wings (presuming that A-Wings aren't as new as we thought previously to Rebels, though they might still be).

My nephew watched the last episode again today and I started thinking that we have never seen anything about where the Rebels build their fighters. Presumably the capital ships are ones that were already built, but the newer fighters had to be manufactured. We've seen examples of TIE Fighters being built in The Force Unleashed, but never Rebel fighters. I don't know if they will keep the X-Wing acquisition story canon (Incom engineers defecting with prototypes and all their info on it), but that would be cool to see along with wherever they build them. So I'm guessing the Rebels have factories hidden somewhere where they build B-Wings and X-Wings (presuming that A-Wings aren't as new as we thought previously to Rebels, though they might still be).

thats a cool story! i never knew of that! i always thought the X-wings were like everything else the rebels had. "hand-me-downs" it wasn't until rebels where they introduced the B wing prototype when i realized "oh these things are new!!"

i too would love to know the secret base that is producing these ships.

So if Ezra and Kanan made up, why doesn't he object to maul still calling him his apprentice? ezra or kanan for that matter

i think ezra still in the back of his mind thinks he can fool maul into pretending to be his apprentice to learn what he needs. but maul can also see this and knows once ezra turns, he will be all mauls

i also think that one scene was maul busting their ba... blasters ;) " hello appreciate, jedi master follow the sound of my voice" he was just being a jerk. i had a problem at first with kanan sucked out the air lock and float in space... but then again i held back, remembering the whole space worm from ESB...

i wonder how long the real human body could last in space, isn't it instant implosion?

i wonder how long the real human body could last in space, isn't it instant implosion?
You would lose consciousness at about 15 seconds and then you'd die of asphyxiation a few minutes after that, tops. So if you ever go up there alone, don't leave the ship.

You would lose consciousness at about 15 seconds and then you'd die of asphyxiation a few minutes after that, tops. So if you ever go up there alone, don't leave the ship.

so what we saw on the show is possible. i dont think he was out there for 15 seconds? have to re watch, i was just curious

I would've liked for the Ys to have had more remnants of their Clone Wars era fairings, not just that little bit on the struts that I didn't even notice until now. Perhaps some Ys could have had more missing than others, some of them bashed up, etc. I realize, though, that the production reality is that they build one Y-wing and clone it. But still--more fairings.

Funny how they were being "scrapped", but the raw material isn't recycled, it's just dumped out the side to fall to the planet. Well hell, just pitch 'em all kit and kabootle over the side, then!

There would be no reason for there to be fuel available on that conveyor belt. And decommissioned vehicles would be stripped of many things that make them functional, not just hyperdrive. They should not have been flyable when they're seconds from being slagged. At a depot awaiting being stripped, maybe. But not now. Yeah, I know, it was all part of Thrawn's plan, yada yada.

BTW, Christopher Plummer would've been great as Thrawn's voice. Ala his General Chang: a powerful calm.

Governor Pryce: Irina Spalko from Indy IV, yes?

MUSIC: didja notice? When Ezra enters the control room of the scrapyard, it was really damn close to the "Keys" theme from E.T.

Also from the episode galleries...

http://img.lum.dolimg.com/v1/images/302-bts-gallery-reb_ca_1634_454401a4.jpeg?region=0,0,1280,439

Oh, those are lovely. I need to do this version of the Y-Wing as a model now. I like how they did the rear gunner position on these. And the "forward-swept" exterior paneling on the engine struts.

--Jonah

Last edited:
Well, there were 30 ships in that battle, and we saw less than half of those on screen.
Not quite. These have an aft-facing back seat for a gunner. Don't know if Dodonna's cell removed those for weight savings and personnel necessity, or if these particular Y-Wings are out of commission (temporarily or permanently) at the time of the Battle of Yavin. If nothing else, the markings are repainted somewhere between this and R1/ANH.

--Jonah

Agreed. Force Schmorce, you don't come back from being bisected through the abdomen. He dead.

I objected to his return and haven't particularly enjoyed his stories besides. Ala Fett, he should've been left dead, with his brief badass appearance allowed to remain his legacy.

No, it's not (just) that,...it's because he died

I know that the cartoon is canon and all that,...& it was George & Cowboy Dave that brought him back....& that there were good story arcs....but he died at the climax of the film (TPM)

Sliced in half

& as Victor3 says the General public consider him dead,.....it's bums on seats that Disney want....the majority of the cinema goers are general public....too much confusion....& a premise that would put people off

J

Maul isn't human so who knows what his race can take physically in the way of damage.

Re- the appearance of the Y-wings, my friend put it this way, the Clone Wars Y-Wings are the production models, like if you went and bought a car at a dealership. The Y-Wings here and at Yavin are the stripped down Stock Car equivalent. They ain't pretty but got the goods where it counts.

As for being out in the vacuum of space, his exposure length was about right before things would get really unpleasant, and maybe he used the force to delay some of the effects. Or "It's just a TV Show" - William Shatner.

Maul VS Obi-Wan...Got the Microwave Popcorn and Butter Flavor spray on deck.

Last edited:
I have not seen it mentioned anywhere yet (or I missed it which is probably the case) but the blaster that Ezra is using to actually you know "kill" people this season instead of stunning them looks an awful like Han Solo's.

So far so good on the shows this season. I dig the brooding dark side music they had playing while Ezra was making questionable choices.

Laters,
Jeff

I think Ezra is ignoring Maul's "apprentice" comments because in the situation there is not a real reason to argue about it.

As an aside, is there any difference between the Rebels stormtrooper helmets and the OT ones?

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back