STAR WARS Rebels new animated series!

You know what I'd love? A filoni directed animated episode of Maul confronting Kenobi on tattooine.

NO dialogue.

It would be a half hour saber fight where Maul finally dies.

But it should be a one off. Not connected to any series. The definitive end of Maul. So much revenge and hatred built up to one animated mini-film.

That would be badass.

i completely agree, kenobi should be hunted down by maul. and have kenobi finish the job once and for all

i completely agree, kenobi should be hunted down by maul. and have kenobi finish the job once and for all
I know people really had a hard time with maul returning, but they did such a good job of the whole thing. I think there were about 16 episodes that related to that arc.

"maul must really want you dead"
"you have no idea"

That's my favorite interchange in the entire series

You know what I'd love? A filoni directed animated episode of Maul confronting Kenobi on tattooine.

NO dialogue.

It would be a half hour saber fight where Maul finally dies.

But it should be a one off. Not connected to any series. The definitive end of Maul. So much revenge and hatred built up to one animated mini-film.

That would be badass.
Animated short? No, I want live action for that epic confrontation. Kenobi movie anyone?

I think if there were a Kenobi movie stand alone, Lucasfilm/Disney would want it to be a box office success, so I'd doubt it

J
In all honesty, I don't think they'd go that route with a Kenobi movie considering Maul's still around in the rebels era, so Kenobi would be very close to his ANH age when they faced off, and we all know how much he's slowed by that time. But if they did, you couldn't honestly think a movie where Maul and Kenobi meet one final time would be a flop...

In all honesty, I don't think they'd go that route with a Kenobi movie considering Maul's still around in the rebels era, so Kenobi would be very close to his ANH age when they faced off, and we all know how much he's slowed by that time. But if they did, you couldn't honestly think a movie where Maul and Kenobi meet one final time would be a flop...

Yes I honestly do,....undoubtedly

J

But remember, the general movie-going public doesn't know that Maul is still alive. Relying on a backstory from 2 spin-off TV shows is a bad idea for a movie. Even Marvel keeps AoS separate from the MCU.

Yet a kenobi movie seems to garner more interest than a han or boba fett movie.

People generally loved Ewan as obi wan

Sent from my SM-N910W8 using Tapatalk

OH YES!!!.....Imagine Ewan as Obi-Wan with a proper script and a real energetic director .....he would be epic.......but not with Maul.....not a good idea

I'd like to think that Ben didn't live all those 17 years on Tattooine,....just returning to check up on Luke's progress,.....& settled there permanently perhaps a year or two before the events of Ep 4

Plenty of stories to fill in....but not with Maul

J

OH YES!!!.....Imagine Ewan as Obi-Wan with a proper script and a real energetic director .....he would be epic.......but not with Maul.....not a good idea

I'd like to think that Ben didn't live all those 17 years on Tattooine,....just returning to check up on Luke's progress,.....& settled there permanently perhaps a year or two before the events of Ep 4

J

The flashbacks in the new Star Wars comics shows Kenobi has been spending most of his time there.

J

As much as I love Maul, I don't want to see him in the films. His character is being explored enough in the animated shows. (However, I would LOVE to see a conversation between Luke and Ashoka)

I realize that you don't really care for the prequel era, but the clone wars had a great arc about Mandalore. And it left with Kenobi leaving the planet while it is engulfed in civil war.

So a film where he returns to mandalore would work really well. It wouldn't even need too much explaining either. The clone wars arc could simply be an awesome backstory to the film.

I could also see a clint eastwood-style film where someone on tattooine identifies Luke and Kenobi has to stop them from getting their info to the empire.

So you're saying it's a bad idea because...prequels. Got it.

I'm sorry, but I can't give anybody's opinion any credence if it stops at "because the prequels sucked".

No, it's not (just) that,...it's because he died

I know that the cartoon is canon and all that,...& it was George & Cowboy Dave that brought him back....& that there were good story arcs....but he died at the climax of the film (TPM)

Sliced in half

& as Victor3 says the General public consider him dead,.....it's bums on seats that Disney want....the majority of the cinema goers are general public....too much confusion....& a premise that would put people off

J

No, it's not (just) that,...it's because he died

I know that the cartoon is canon and all that,...& it was George & Cowboy Dave that brought him back....& that there were good story arcs....but he died at the climax of the film (TPM)

Sliced in half

& as Victor3 says the General public consider him dead,.....it's bums on seats that Disney want....the majority of the cinema goers are general public....too much confusion....& a premise that would put people off

J

Yet so much was left unsaid in TFA you are forced to read the novels to even remotely understand what was going on

Now you're talking sense. [emoji6]

Was it a stupid idea to bring Maul back after being cut in half? Maybe, but they did and it's canon, so that's not going to change. And there's going to be a need for expositional background information for any story you tell in an Obi-Wan movie. In the case of a Maul story, a few lines of dialogue between the two is all that's needed to convey their history.

Like I said before, I doubt they'd ever do it. But if they did, even if it sucks, it's Star Wars, they'll at least recoup their budget, no problem (assuming a conservative budget, how much could it possibly cost for a relatively small story?).

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back