STAR WARS Rebels new animated series!

Hmm, I'm glad I asked. Can anyone confirm astroboy's speculation here that the movie was merely eps 1 and 2 combined?

Thanks.

The Wook
The premier was called "spark of rebellion" it was composed of episodes 1 and 2.

Is that what the first couple of episodes were called?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Spark of the Rebellion is the beginning.

The premier was called "spark of rebellion" it was composed of episodes 1 and 2.

Is that what the first couple of episodes were called?

Yes, I just opened the Netflix envelope, and the first two episodes are titled, "Spark of the Rebellion: Part 1", and "Spark of the Rebellion: Part 2". So thank you both, I'm crackin' to go!

The Wook

What Do you think so far work?

I watched the first episode. It was enjoyable. But I am generally not a big fan of animated shows, so the story needs to be really good to hold my interest. So far, I'm intrigued.

I will also say it's cool to see they were inspired by an early McQuarrie rendering of Chewbacca in creating Zeb. Ralph's early Chewie looked like a big, bipedal lemur--with his giant yellow eyes. I'm assuming they did this for Zeb based on that, but I have no direct knowledge. I'd be surprised if it's a coincidence.

The Wook

I watched the first episode. It was enjoyable. But I am generally not a big fan of animated shows, so the story needs to be really good to hold my interest. So far, I'm intrigued.

I will also say it's cool to see they were inspired by an early McQuarrie rendering of Chewbacca in creating Zeb. Ralph's early Chewie looked like a big, bipedal lemur--with his giant yellow eyes. I'm assuming they did this for Zeb based on that, but I have no direct knowledge. I'd be surprised if it's a coincidence.

The Wook

i can relate, I'm not a cartoon guy either. But like you said, the Mcquarrie connections kept me excited! There's a lot of them in rebels! Another thing I liked was the kanan comic that played along with the show at one point. Granted there are some slow points but in season 1 there's more good episodes then boring

The Wook

It's not a coincidence, that's exactly what Zeb is based off of. There are a TON of McQuarrie design elements in Rebels, keep an eye out!

Also, the Imperial ground transport that shows up early on is the one Kenner created on their own for the toy line back in 1980. It's canon now. *heh*

--Jonah

yes i forgot about that! that was a great tribute! i really like the little things that get answered, like what it looks like to dock with another ship in space and how the get between to the docked ships.

ezra ia showing little bits of darkness to him. i think we can thank old master for that!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back