Star Trek Into Darkness replicas

The Starfleet Phaser Rifles, Vengeance Phaser Rifle (John Harrison drops this on Kronos and Spock picks it up), and Vengeance Phaser Pistol were made in-house by Studio Art and Technology, based on designs by John Eaves.

The Starfleet rifles were cool, the scopes on top are spring loaded and pop up, also when you depressed the trigger there was a little piece underneath that actuated back and forth exposing a lit "power core", none of that stuff was really shown very well in the film. The Vengeance rifle was not ever really seen in close up, which is a pity because there was a ton of detail- it wasn't ever tied to the Vengeance in the film, but if you saw it next to the pistol you'd see the lineage, and during production they were known as the "Bad Ship Phaser" and "Bad Ship Rifle", lol

I'm really impressed with how tight a lid Bad Robot kept on everything, we knew almost zero of the plot, including anything about John Harrison or even that there WAS a John Harrison. All we really knew was there was a "bad ship", that somebody's blood was somehow important, and there was a volcano, lol We basically found out stuff when everybody else did.

Also, we made McCoy's medical instruments(the ring scanner on the shuttle, hyposprays, blood extractor) the Torpedo eyepiece scanner, the spinning serum extractor (seen at the beginning before Mickey from Doctor Who puts the test tube and ring in the case) a ton of little gadgets I'm probably forgetting.

Oh, we did the "cold fusion" device Spock detonates in the volcano, and the nozzle on the fire hose Kirk throws into the helicoptery/hovery/whatever thingy.

Fun show. Glad to have been a part.

Stormy - that's awesome... Any pictures you can share? So hard to see clear views of any of these weapons...

I'm really impressed with how tight a lid Bad Robot kept on everything, we knew almost zero of the plot, including anything about John Harrison or even that there WAS a John Harrison. All we really knew was there was a "bad ship", that somebody's blood was somehow important, and there was a volcano, lol We basically found out stuff when everybody else did.

This makes alot of sense, I can imagine the artists were probably fed some false information when it came to names etc such as the concept drawings which were exposed to the Press which had the name "Aprils Gun" all over them to throw everyone off, especially incase of production leaks nothing would be spoilt.

Well done to everyone involved in all these props, I just hope we get an Art of book and/or images are released showing all the hard work put into the various hand Phasers, the rifles and all the other props.

kcpstudio really looking forward to seeing your article and photos, loved the scene in the movie where Kirk puts the Phasers together, havent seen a Phaser seem so real since the "Assault Phaser" of V and VI, would love to see more of these props!

I hope we see good replicas of the Communicator and McCoy's Medical instruments.

Oh...and...the Tricorder, I love that flip open lid compartment!

Hi Guys.... just wanted to give an update on the QMx replica. OK... so... I received word back from QMx on what exactly the replica will do. If you read their description on their replica phaser, it sounds as if the spinner rotates because its spring loaded and there is an "active" locking mechanism. This is a copy of their description listed for their phaser replicas.

"Have you run into any genetically engineered superhuman villains lately? Just in case, it never hurts to have the sleek phaser from Star Trek Into Darkness on hand.

QMx created this weapon for the 2013 J.J. Abrams Star Trek movie. Using the same molds, we've created a stunning replica for you. The hero props in the movie have a servo-powered spinner to change the intensity setting from "stun" to "kill"; our replica is spring-loaded with an active locking mechanism that snaps the spinner neatly in place.

The Star Trek Into Darkness Phaser Replica is solid polystone core enrobed in metal plating with several finishes -- brushed aluminum, gun metal, and chrome -- to create an exact match of the hero phasers used onscreen.

The QMx Star Trek Into Darkness Phaser Replica measures 10.5 inches long x 7 inches high (grip included) and weighs more than one pound. It comes with a custom-designed display stand in black lucite and includes a brass name plaque.

Don't leave Starfleet without your Star Trek Into Darkness Phaser Replica."

However, QMx informed me that their phaser is a manual spin with a spring loaded mechanism that only ensures a positive lock after it is manually spun into the desired position as to keep it from continually spinning. I wanted to share that with you guys in case you were confused about how it will function.

Looking at the article... it reads "our replica is spring-loaded with an active locking mechanism that snaps the spinner neatly in place". It states spring loaded WITH an active locking mechanism. It should actually read a spring loaded locking mechanism or manually rotating spinner with locking mechanism... in my opinion. The use of "spring loaded", in general, kind of makes it sound like it flips with the use of a spring. In any case, that's cleared up for you guys.

My son disassembled the Star Trek 2009 Phaser (Chrome version). I am having trouble putting it back together anyone have pictures on how the beige bar and button that activate the rotating mechanism goes in?

Here's a question. Someone please illuminate me.

I've been waiting for a ST 2009 ring for ages, yet I have not seen them on sale in stock anywhere. Not even on the QMX website.

So they're doing an Into Darkness Academy ring, and the first one hasn't been made available yet :confused ?

If it is available, I'd like to buy one.

So if anyone knows where, please point me in the right direction :)

QMX has not released either ring yet. I have them both on pre-order at Redford Films.

I am vary pleased that some one will be doing a Hero of this phaser/and to know it is the prop maker hem self, that is awesome!.
I wander what hes price might be. If he well be selling it though QMX I have no doubt it would be pricy but if he uses the metal hero to base it on, then the price would be worth while.

As to QMX's I missed out on there 2009 version and never was interested in finding one because it lacked the swiveling emitter.
I am pleased this new version well have that and be the same quality that I have heard so many times that it is an amazing replica.
Any one know when they will be selling this Phaser and Blu-Ray, Amazon has no availability at the moment? Have not seen the movie yet ether but
i think it will we worth the wait, do not want to see to many spoiler videos tell I get the Blu-ray :D

I have there new ring on my wish list too, don't like there first one, I too have been waiting for a good replica if it as well.
Any

I am vary pleased that some one will be doing a Hero of this phaser/and to know it is the prop maker hem self, that is awesome!.
I wander what hes price might be.

Oooh, this could be fun. Let's all guess what the hero phaser is going to retail for. My guess is between $2,500 and $3,500.

Right, the original prop maker will build this (includes authenticity certificate) with all the complex servo action that the "hero" props in the movie had, so you're paying for a limited rare movie production item (non-screenused). My guess would be $2,000 - $3,000. Either way I AM GOING TO BUY IT :)

I'm hoping Kenney would consider a 2-tier offering with a higher cost offering of the "Super Hero's" that are 3D printed mostly in metal, as he did for the extreme close up phasers for the main stars.

I hope he will also offer a warinty in case the complex servos break :)
going for the highest quality, I figured this would be something worth asking.

You can't warranty wear and tear. If you receive a defective product that is a different story, then you should receive a replacement. Props are not made to be sturdy items and played with often. They are collectibles that are delicate. Even the Master replicas TOS Phasers, which are a consumer grade item, are very delicate and prone to breakage unless treated extremely careful.

KCP Studios is doing us a huge favor by offering this item. I applaud him for this generous effort.

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back