Wicked Witch of the West Makeup

ChickenHaunt

Sr Member
Not an exact replica, but inspired by John Wheaton's concept designs for the new "Oz" movie.

This was a test application of a sort of subtle wicked witch makeup. Gelatin cheeks (to lift and enhance the cheekbones), brow, nose, and jaw/chin pieces (to lengthen her face). The next try will have real (not drawn on) eyebrows, and a better paint job (this was my first go at airbrush makeup).

What do you think? I'm open to critiques as well as comments. Thanks!

IMG_5374_zpsa5a2bb0b.jpg

IMG_5217_zpsf82f59f9.jpg

IMG_5384_zpsfd6388c2.jpg

sidebysidewitchkristen_zps283a5c9a.jpg

IMG_4769_zps3b51bf2c.jpg

Wow! To me, it looks like you nailed this one. Now just perfect raising your voice into a crackling scream.

I had low expectations for the movie and left pleasantly surprised.

The makeup is really excellent. The thing that I find amazing is how seamless it is. I know you're wearing several prosthetics, but I can't find the seams. Excellent work.

Wow, [clap, clap, clap] very well done!
Besides the coloring [no offense!] rather spot on!
How do you like working with gelatin? I've yet to try my hand at it. I need to order and make it.

Thanks. :)
I do a lot with gelatin. It's really cheap, and you can mix it to a great level of translucency. I've got it to where it's fairly easy to blend, too, provided I can cast good pieces. The downside is that you can't really get it as soft and stretchy as foam latex or silicone can be, and it can have problems in hot weather.

This is amazing. Is there any chance I could hire you to make the same prosthetics for me please? I am making my own (wicked) Theodora costume and everything out there does not look anything like her except yours! Please let me know!!! Thank you. - Kat

Thanks, all!

Wayne, for this I used a Paashe "Shadow" that RJ Haddy from Face Off gave me. Works nicely-- I just have to learn to use it better. I don't have an H yet, but I hear it's good for lots of things.

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back