Jurassic Park Jeep

Hey all, a buddy of mine has an old 1969 Jeep, we are considering converting it into a Jurassic Park style Park Ranger Vehicle. We are aware that it is not the year of the car used in the film but look similar enough to be well received. Here is the car as it sits, the rack on top is not apart of the car, just resting on it. It runs and drives engine and transmission are good
. Jurassic Park Jeep.jpg

Is that an M38A1? or a CJ with the military style hood on it? If it's an M38A1 and you need any mechanical guidance, let me know. I own a '51 M38, the predecessor.

that being asked, there's no reason why you couldn't make it a "Ranger" vehicle. I mean not everyone got to ride around in the new ones. You could make it much more "Expeditionary" than the 'plain jane' ones that were mainly featured in the film. Have a "tranq gun" mounted somewhere and go with it. Paintjob could be the same or more weathered too!

Is that an M38A1? or a CJ with the military style hood on it? If it's an M38A1 and you need any mechanical guidance, let me know. I own a '51 M38, the predecessor.

that being asked, there's no reason why you couldn't make it a "Ranger" vehicle. I mean not everyone got to ride around in the new ones. You could make it much more "Expeditionary" than the 'plain jane' ones that were mainly featured in the film. Have a "tranq gun" mounted somewhere and go with it. Paintjob could be the same or more weathered too!

It's a CJ5. Exactly! who's to say there weren't other jeeps on the island.

I think he means that Hammond would have bought all new vehicles, new equipment, new guns, new new new....

That being said, if I had the option, I would bring my work horse (Dodge Ram) with my modifications on a job like that vs. being stuck with some of the newer trucks out there!

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back