C3P0 Build Thread

I ordered a recomended manaquin for my TK build.

I'm going to test try threepio on it first though. if it works, or I can make it work, I'll order two of them....

Well,

Not much of an update on 3P0 since February.. I finally ordered the floor mat for his 'belly'. I've got to order a bunch of wires next to somehow attach all that together.

the last thing I Want to get done though is to find a manaquin to fit 3P0 so he can finally be displayed properly.

the TK Man for my storm trooper doesn't fit threepio's chest. and i never got the pipe stand to work properly even WITH Modifications. the arms are too difficult to twist in.
I'd LIKE to get threepio fully displayed finally only a year after I got the last part.

it'd be nice.

sigh.

so far google isn't turning up much results.

i can't imagine how hard it is to obtain parts for 3po... I've been looking for a arm to tribute to the red arm in TFA.

i can't imagine how hard it is to obtain parts for 3po... I've been looking for a arm to tribute to the red arm in TFA.

about a years wait. so if you order now it might arrive in time for next christmas :)

A little more work on threepio. in hind sight, i probably should have switched his silver leg onto the right side.. but oh well.

I glued in the top of his shoulder rotators, as this suit will most likely never be worn. so now they are sitting flat against his chest like they should be.

I am planning to drill the arms onto the pipes so they remain in place. i am placing a small gold screw in the little slot where his moving arm part rests, and that will go directly through the ipe and allow me to twist it onto the rest of the setup. I've since adjusted the placement of the arms and now they sit flush against the chest and should be easier to attach. and since this thing won't be traveling, once they are in, they are in.

That just leaves trying ti figure out out how to attach the bottom part of arms. and how to attach his center wire section. I've already got the car floor mat cut and set, it's just trying to figure out how to get it attached to his mid section without drilling any extra holes into it.

again, this costume will never be worn, as i don't know anyone thin or tall enough to fit it, so i am setting it up as a static piece...

15747647_10154704349880211_3481773293965984376_n.jpg

looking great neil, any advice on who to talk to for just 1 left arm?

nope...unless you can find a set on ebay cheap, just bite the b ullet and order one set of two arms ;o)

i finally figurged out the arms, I think. at least the top arms. I drilled a screw into the top with the pistons so it's hidden in the ditch and that connects to the pipe. i've got a different set of + pipe connectors and they slide in FAR easier now. so for the most part it's stable. I need to attach the right top arm further up the pipe a bit. and then i'll try and tackle the lower arms . but this is as complete as it's been since i got it done last year. i also need to order more carpet mat and cut the thing so the lines face the right way.

16114419_10154776298215211_7886205497567314173_n.jpg

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back