Am I doing this right? Questions on a Daft Punk helmet build

Makernoob

This is going to be my first major build, is my order of operations correct? I also have some pepakura questions

So I just printed off my Thomas Daft Punk helmet pepakura file, and it's really clear what to do except for gluing. How do I tell where to attach things?

Once I get the pep done, I'm going to paper mache it, then cover the paper mache in wall filler (or some other sandable material) so I can smooth it out, then I'm going to cut out the visor so I can vacu-form it (I know how to do that), then I just have to paint. Anything wrong with my process?

What ultramantaro said. If you printed it up and there are no numbers on the fold flaps, reprint it with the numbers. It's an option in the menu. Also, use stock paper of around 67pnds, it'll make your life a lot easier. Sounds like the rest of your process is fine. I use bondo after strengthening the pep mask with fiberglass. I've always wanted to make this helmet.

Good luck!

Thanks guys! I had no idea that pepakura could do that!

woodshow:
due to finals these past two weeks I haven't gotten much work done on it, i'm still cutting out stuff.

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back