Luna's Ultimate Spider-Man Build, Orhadar Print. [Pic Heavy]

Just wondering how much everything was in total!? And how long it took you from start to finish including shipping time and all that jazz.Thanks dude!

Well, this thread inspired me to build one of these suits and join the rpf just to tell you what a great job that you did. I also had a couple questions, but the thread is so detailed that they were answered by simply rereading the thread. Well done! Hope you don't mind if I build this suit almost exactly as yours. :)

Thanks! Only a small, vain part of me minds that you build a suit exactly like mine. ;) The rest of me is more mature and is just glad you like the same sort of things that inspired me. And if you can support the craftsmen who helped make my project, so much the better. Go right ahead!

Just wondering how much everything was in total!? And how long it took you from start to finish including shipping time and all that jazz.Thanks dude!

As I said at the very top of the first post, the suit cost about $600 in total. I spent many months on research, but the actual build could be completed in about 2 months time start to finish. Mine was done at a somewhat accelerated pace because I already had a previously reserved spot on a sewing waiting list, so my tailoring was in and out very quickly and I completed the whole build in about one month. Cheers.

You can always ask Orhadar to mod the image of the pattern a little if you want it to look a bit different than Lunamans. :) I didn't want the thigh muscles on mine to be do defined so her changed them for me. :)
Lunaman' s suit is outstanding and inspired me to look into getting a suit again after having given up on doing so years ago.

Great suit luna. I was wondering if you think it would have been easier to go over the lines before it was sewn together so you could do it all flat?

Thanks, guys. :)
You can always ask Orhadar to mod the image of the pattern a little if you want it to look a bit different than Lunamans. :) I didn't want the thigh muscles on mine to be do defined so her changed them for me. :)
Yep, Orhadar's really accomodating. He made some cool changes for my next suit. ;)

I was wondering if you think it would have been easier to go over the lines before it was sewn together so you could do it all flat?
Haha, of course it would have been. I just didn't know I was going to decide to darken them until after I had it sewn. ;)

What's up man?! You absolutely perfected spiderman in my opinion. But i was just curious if you had anymore pictures of the side of the mask that you could post because I'm going to go about sewing my print by myself or maybe hire someone local to do it because my time frame is short. And I'd like to have better pictures to go by. What I'm confused about, is the two pieces for the sides of the mask; are they on the sides where they're supposed to be already where they lay on the print? I mean because I noticed on the print that the left arm was on the right said and visa versa. I don't want to have them sewn backwards! :/

What's up man?! You absolutely perfected spiderman in my opinion. But i was just curious if you had anymore pictures of the side of the mask that you could post because I'm going to go about sewing my print by myself or maybe hire someone local to do it because my time frame is short. And I'd like to have better pictures to go by. What I'm confused about, is the two pieces for the sides of the mask; are they on the sides where they're supposed to be already where they lay on the print? I mean because I noticed on the print that the left arm was on the right said and visa versa. I don't want to have them sewn backwards! :/
Well, hi! Thanks for all the praise, man. What's up with you? :)

As for the swoopy sides of the mask, they too (like the arms) are on the 'wrong' side of the head when printed out. On each of those pieces, the long edge with the more dramatic curve should go along the back of the head and neck. You can see the alignment in the second sewing progress picture on the first page.
Cheers.

Well, hi! Thanks for all the praise, man. What's up with you? :)

As for the swoopy sides of the mask, they too (like the arms) are on the 'wrong' side of the head when printed out. On each of those pieces, the long edge with the more dramatic curve should go along the back of the head and neck. You can see the alignment in the second sewing progress picture on the first page.
Cheers.

Thanks a lot, man. I knew something was wrong there, I'm glad I asked. You're the man!

How does the back of the suit look once you're suited up in it? Does the top part of the red kind of angle downward or keep straight?

The red dips down a little bit, like most spidey suits it has to contend with the line of your shoulders and back beneath it, and the center line is a bit distorted by the mask zipper. It's tough for me to take photos of my back so I don't have any good images. Here's a really poorly lit candid photo that shows it:
https://fbcdn-sphotos-f-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-frc3/954894_601223373236336_129500321_n.jpg

Cheers.

That's a pretty funky lookin backpack ya got there Luna! You get that at "the fashionable spider" lol
Hahahaha, I got it at a Renaissance festival, it's a little leather pouch to hang from your sword belt. I just rigged it up with paracord so that I could carry around my phone and keys without a bulky backpack. ;)

I am going to try to recreate this suit myself, your great work has gotten me excited Lunaman!

From the images you posted I can see that we're quite similar in body type so I think I can pull it off!

$600 is about £550 GBP I think that I can budget that :D

Last edited:
All the best with your build Mr Parker, I look forward to seeing it but just FYI $600US is about £380 sterling.

Wonderful! It's even cheaper than I expected then! I was just taking a guess really lol, thinking of Euros probably.

Is FOD the best place to go? any UK alternatives?
Lunaman, how much did the FOD printing set you back?

Last edited by a moderator:
Wonderful! It's even cheaper than I expected then! I was just taking a guess really lol, thinking of Euros probably.
Hahaha, I've been to the UK several times and my first thought when I saw the £55 was "either he missed a zero there or he is being rather presumptuous about the strength of the dollar... I don't remember my currency ever being THAT weak!" :lol

Is FOD the best place to go? any UK alternatives?
@Lunaman, how much did the FOD printing set you back?
Printing cost me around 87 quid, but I'm sure there's good local alternatives. Gerryco, for example has had several suits printed in the UK with great color fidelity.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hahaha, I've been to the UK several times and my first thought when I saw the £55 was "either he missed a zero there or he is being rather presumptuous about the strength of the dollar... I don't remember my currency ever being THAT weak!" :lol

Printing cost me around 87 quid, but I'm sure there's good local alternatives. Gerryco, for example has had several suits printed in the UK with great color fidelity.

Wonderful, thanks for the info, I'm going to look into buying my Orhadar print and T'Jack lenses at the end of the month I think :D

I've seen a few pics of you in a Symbiote suit, is that Orhadar's file?
---
I cant find a user called Gerryco is that the correct name,

Thanks Lunaman, appreciate your help.

Mr Parker

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back