Scale Model of The Dawn Treader, from Narnia

gem20

Hi everyone!

This is a uni project from earlier in the year. It's a scratch built, 72nd scale model of the Dawn Treader from the Chronicles of Narnia. Any opinions on it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks! :- _A227447.JPG)_B067865.JPG _B179149.JPG_C109281.JPG_C169311.JPG_C169309.JPG_C189316.JPG_1049435.JPG_C219321.JPG_3269682.JPG_3269704.JPG_3269712.JPG_3269746.JPG

Attachments

• _A167415.JPG
    _A167415.JPG
    3.8 MB · Views: 355
  • _C239350.JPG
    _C239350.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 299
  • _C239400.JPG
    _C239400.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 382
Thanks everyone! And just for the record, I did actually put the sketch model in the bath when I was shaping the foam to check the proportions were correct and that it was symmetrical ;-)

Thanks everyone! And just for the record, I did actually put the sketch model in the bath when I was shaping the foam to check the proportions were correct and that it was symmetrical ;-)

Beautiful job ! As a fan of the Narnia movies,I think it is a piece anyone would be proud to have in their collection.

Your uni course, is it the UHSFX course in hertfordshire by any chance?
I could have sworn I saw this a few weeks back, looks fantastic by the way :D

Great work man! A very beautiful replica:)

Call me an unreconstructed old heteronormative thingy wossname, but the username and those nails aren't really saying 'bloke' to me. :lol

Any opinions on it would be greatly appreciated.

My opinion is that it is FABULOUS. :) I'm really looking forward to showing this to my kid tomorrow night, he'll love it.

Call me an unreconstructed old heteronormative thingy wossname, but the username and those nails aren't really saying 'bloke' to me. :lol
My opinion is that it is FABULOUS. :) I'm really looking forward to showing this to my kid tomorrow night, he'll love it.

Hahaha! Yeah, I think the nails and the username are a bit of a giveaway :p And thank you very much!! :)

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back