Production Made Silver Judge Helmet **New Photos Up 6/6**

JBReplicas

Sr Member
Hi again boys and girls, I have just gotten hold of the Silver production made Judge helmet that was part of the Propstore acution last year, I will be updating this thread tomorrow evening with lots of photos for you all to see but it is a very interesting helmet, whilst it is no doubt from the same mould as my grey Judge helmet, this helmet is noticeably sharper in detail and it also has specific battle damage worked into it in some areas, it also appears very very slightly larger. I will let the photos speak for themselves tomorrow, stay tuned :thumbsup

Last edited:
Re: Production Made Silver Judge Helmet

Um, kind of puzzled how it could possibly be from the same mold and yet be slightly larger and have sharper detail. It may be more accurate to speculate that changes in the original sculpt may have resulted in a new mold or they modified the casting with an oversculpt of it to add unique detail. Since it looks like this wasn't finished or screen used, it also failed to make the grade in some respect. Do the inside dimensions look to be the same? More than anything, this seems to be further validation that nothing has yet proven to be proof that any of these are the same as the Dredd/screen used helmet. That could have been the same or larger. I just hope that the one I'm buying isn't Anderson's reject. I don't want to look like a Munchkin!:wacko

What I think is that the silver helmet received more clean up work, hence why it was sprayed silver, which I would assume would be an indication that it was to be finish painted, and for whatever reason it wasn't, also I said very very slightly larger, it may be an optical illusion, I will have photos up tomorrow

wait you have 2 :eek:

you swine.

if this is the same as the 1st in your avatar, ie the one I got from you, it is not Andersons, its not even the same shape. and on my 23.5 inch head it needs a good 1 inch padding.
Im sure on the FB Dcon group several have come up with there being 4 different Helmets made at least.

I'm interested in seeing this as well.

Ursurper, can you post pics of you with that helmet on? The first one you got from JBR?
I too have that but haven't gotten around to cutting it out...looks rather small to me...either that or Karl Urban has a really small head seeing that he seems to have a lot of room with his helmet on.

I do not have it padded up yet, I now have my visor, so I hope to get it done over the next few days, and of course I will post photos.

What are the South African helmets nick? Not heard of them at all, photos will be up this evening

Last edited:
Re: Production Made Silver Judge Helmet **PHOTOS UP**

Same here! Looks Awesome Joe! :thumbsup

- - - Updated - - -

I do not have it padded up yet, I now have my visor, so I hope to get it done over the next few days, and of course I will post photos.

Cool! That would be cool to see. Shoot me a PM.

Same here! Looks Awesome Joe! :thumbsup

- - - Updated - - -

Cool! That would be cool to see. Shoot me a PM.

Ill happily post here when I get time to do it.

something I did notice though was there is a tiny dent on the corner of the black section on urbans lid, and the exact same dent is on the grey lid I got from joe, ( i only noticed by accident yesterday ) circled and attached photos. Now im not saying they couldn't have sculpted that detail, i just find it unlikely and im very happy with the size.

969450_10201200951286326_1384247394_n.jpgdetail.JPG

Thanks, Usurper, that's good information, I finally have a useful size reference. My head is 23 3/8 " , so it should fit me okay as well. I've built my own helmet that looks close to those. I still want to pick up the JB as no matter how close mine is to SA.....it isn't as close as those. I was wanting to post pics of mine but as of the new RPF formatting/overhaul I haven't been able to upload pics....don't know why. I'm waiting for my pm on run 4.:D

Here is mine, I have installed the visor and just padded the top out with newspaper for the photo ( so please excuse the not so straight photo). I will need to pad this out the same as the bluerealm lid I had in the cheeks area, and again my head is 23.5 inches around.

hope this helps.
Lee.

jbdredd.JPG

Here is mine, I have installed the visor and just padded the top out with newspaper for the photo ( so please excuse the not so straight photo). I will need to pad this out the same as the bluerealm lid I had in the cheeks area, and again my head is 23.5 inches around.

hope this helps.
Lee.

View attachment 186092

That looks great, the size looks good. What paints did you use...the colour looks spot on.

Yes! Great job Lee!! Awesome finish!
You should post this on Joe's first thread so people can see how it looks like brilliantly finished! What says you Joe?

eeek yeah sorry, I did not mean to hijack anything, I was just meaning to show the fit on my head.

Paints were Volkswagon Tornado Red , and a Satin black from local diy shop. I went over the red with some shading, and blacks with my airbrush to mix it up some.

Lol. I know man. But I think it's related and well worth it.

It's good to see how awesome it looks when finished. Looks EXACTLY like the movie!! :)

Thanks for the inspiration and the info! Hope to finish mine as well as you did with yours!

Cheers!

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back