Production Made Silver Judge Helmet **New Photos Up 6/6**

Re: Production Made Silver Judge Helmet **PHOTOS UP**

I didn't get around to taking any photos of me wearing it yet but will try and do so tomorrow after work!

Re: Production Made Silver Judge Helmet **PHOTOS UP**

UPDATE

Sorry guys, got severely side-tracked with the other Judge helmet, here are a few photos just for fun, the mannequin the helmet is sat on here is a good 6ft 3inches, very tall, also the helmet has a 1" piece of foam padding on the inside at the top to make it sit properly, and the same in the photo where I am wearing the helmet. Enjoy

silver4_zpsa5cbd871.jpg

silver3_zps22d26a7e.jpg

dreddmock_zpscd9e2b0a.jpg

I am considering molding this helmet up and offering it as a kit in a similar way to the Grey Production helmet, provided there is interest

Maybe it would get more visibility if you change the subject to something like "interest thread" or "New screen-cast judge helmet interest thread"?

Just something I noticed, but the X details on the front that sits between where your nose would be are much larger and shaped pointier on the ends.

After receiving your helmet cast I can tell you two items that would be rather definitive on whether this helmet is from the same mold. If I didnt have so many problems adding attachments I could show you. If you look at your grey helmet, straight down overhead, the two lines of the crest end at uneven points, halfway back on the topside. One is about a pinky finger width longer. The other is, if you draw a line from the middle of the front of the crest, along the center of the top, down the back, your line will be noticeably off center, by the time you reach the base. The two raised relief margins were sculpted off the center line. Tells me a lot about the skill of the prop sculptor. The last issue is a distinct out of round condition if you turn it upside down, looking into the opening, although that may be just a problem with that mold pull. The first two issues ,though , would have to be present on the silver helmet for them to be from the same mold. My guess is that they are not. Time is too critical in the movie business to waste time making a bunch of helmets that need a lot of "clean-up". The lack of distinct lines on the grey would call for a re-sculpt and new mold. I bet that broken nose piece happened when someone tossed it aside in disgust. I have fixed a lot of those issues on mine.;)

JBReplicas no longer owns that helmet. He sold the helmet, and the casting rights to it, to another UK prop maker. That prop maker also has a couple of other original helmets in his possession and offers casts of those as well. I don't know if he's here on the RPF, as I believe he does most (all?) of his orders via Facebook.

I don't want to post his info here without his permission, but you can easily find him on either of the two big Dredd costuming facebook groups.

JBReplicas no longer owns that helmet. He sold the helmet, and the casting rights to it, to another UK prop maker. That prop maker also has a couple of other original helmets in his possession and offers casts of those as well. I don't know if he's here on the RPF, as I believe he does most (all?) of his orders via Facebook.

I don't want to post his info here without his permission, but you can easily find him on either of the two big Dredd costuming facebook groups.

Could you provide a link or ask him if you can provide contact info?

I went searching and did not find it. I found JBs Silver Dredd helmet Facebook page but not the new one.

I am afraid I don't do Facebook so I am not Facebook literate. I am actually okay with that. :)

Thanks

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back