Studio Scale ATAT

:thumbsup Thanks guys :thumbsup

Here is the bulk of the lower foot with the feet finished.
I will grow the shoes and make multiple casts. I added a hole on each foot for the casts to have something to bite to,
Im not convinced that's canon but its only a minor part and can be remade if need be.

Feet.JPG

Got all the machine screws and other parts I needed. Thanks Scott ;)
Couldn't wait so started putting it together to check fit. Still a bit of work milling the screws that need to be worked
but Its coming together nicely.
Re machined the shin and will do the foot inserts next.

IMG_0344.jpg
IMG_0346.jpg

Nice machining did you do it yourself ? Have you made the other legs at the same time ?
Maybe a bit late but I got all my screws and pins from here www.accuscrews.co.uk . It saved a lot of time trimming all the screws to length !
Looking forward to more progress

99% of everything I do is CNC, I'd much rather the CNC make swarf :)
As you know theres nothing stopping some one manual milling something like this, Bit of turning on the foot and the rest is mainly some pocket milling.
A couple of REAL machinists in the late 70's made a few that way. :lol
Ive just done the one leg as a prototype for now. When Im happy with it I'll do the other 3.
Thanks for the link :thumbsup

Upper section mostly done. Few more kit parts to add and need to dig up some Plastruct U beams.
If anyone has a spare 1/24 Stuka gunner window thats not being used and your willing to sell it, Let me know.
Cheers,

Rob

IMG_0440.jpg
IMG_0430.jpg

Looking awesome... always admire the people that can machine their own metal parts! Simply amazing! Are the pistons on the upper leg going to be moveable at all? They are in the movie and I have yet to see anyone actually reproduce that effect on the AT-AT legs.

All the internal mechanisms work like the original just not set up yet.
Heres my early acrylic prototype.

Last edited by a moderator:
This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back