Emerald City ComiCon 2014 - Updated 03/25/14

Re: Emerald City ComiCon 2014 - Updated 03/11/14

Hey everyone. I'll be there all weekend, too.

This'll be about year 7 for me at ECCC. My personal preference is to go "civilian" style on Friday and check out most of the things I want to then. It's the quieter day and usually easiest to get around. Then I costume up for the majority of Saturday. Then it's if the mood suits me to I suit up on Sunday.

Just a heads up the ECCC costume party is not a party in the traditional sense. It is a costume contest and generally has a large seating area for anyone to take a load off their feet and watch. They often times have additional types of entertainment that goes on stage other than the costume contest. But don't mistake it for a meet and greet type of thing.

Theduggo:
Yes there is a parking lot right underneath the convention center but it fills up quick! Don't worry though, there are quite a few parking lots within a block or two of the convention center.

I'll be dressed in my usual Batman garb:

View attachment 300474

Hoping to run into you!! I absolutely love your Batman.

My GF and I will be there all three days, Friday we will be cosplaying as "burlesque" Poison Ivy and Hush-style Batman. Saturday will be Black Cat and Spider-Man, Sunday is a free-for-all. If any RPFers spot us, please say Hello!

I know it's a pretty late ask, but is anyone going that collects comics? I'm looking for the Batman #29 variant they'll be releasing there. If anybody is going to grab one is there any chance they could grab me a copy as well. Happy to pay for the comic plus post and a little extra for your time.

Have a great time everyone, really wish we could have made it out there. Take lots of pictures and post them so we can see what we're in for next year! :)

Don't know if anyone caught our interview with FliponTV, but we had a blast!! We met up with fellow Dark Crystal Costumers and specifically Ryan who went as Skeksil who inspired my build. Also we had 3 Kiras, 1 Jen and an Augra :devil ! We had a few interviews and photo ops so there will be a lot to post up in a couple days.

I'm bummed the ECCC is over for us but also relieved because it was so damn exhausting.

Update: (a quick shot from one of our interviews)

Last edited:
A couple of us were wandering around Saturday for the morning and Sunday we got bounced around a lot because we kept congesting traffic areas and fire exits apparently. We were outside by the big metal sculpture and the rocks for a while for a few photo shoots. We also met someone who voiced a character in Toby Froud's new Kickstarter movie he was working on and she sent him pictures of us (since he lives in Seattle). Also were were on local Fox news I guess a lot of other things I couldn't even keep track, it'll take a few days to digest everything :wacko.

The Schlitzie WOW! I can't believe I didn't see you guys wandering the show floor. WOW!!! Wonderful costumes!!!

Thanks! We were running to make that interview because we were getting stopped so much and I had stayed at the hotel longer than planned to modify a few things on my costume.

That's awesome. I saw you guys doing the interview as I was passing. Great work!!!

Damn schlitzie, that is so cool. I am also amazed I didn't somehow walk by you guys at some point. At least there's lots of pics all over!
It was a pleasure meeting those of you guys that I did (firesprite and peek, and damn... can't remember the couple other names) and just getting out there both with and without a costume. Such a fun day.
I agree with the picture bouncing though, it was crazy how fast attendants ran over to push me and woody out of high traffic areas! Good to know we all won't die in a fire ;)

"Here... have some ****." Haha. Alan Tudyk was damn good too.

I was wearing a Spidey4fun suit when I met Nick Fury and Scarlet Spider wearing a Spidey4fun suit as well. We didn't chat much, but it's always nice to meet new people. :)

1554361_608311285913750_257553811_n.jpg

Here are a few other pictures of my son dressed up as Deadpool with various characters.

Your Buzz was fantastic, Duggo. My editor, Quiana, who was at the table with me when you came by, was absolutely blown away that you built it yourself!

Schlitzie, I saw you and the other Dark Crystal folk on 6 as I was hurrying to try to get a Karl Urban auto before he left Sunday (that didn't pan out, sadly), and I managed to get a great pic of you guys.

Also, I realize I snagged a pic of IronJoe in his batsuit without registering that he was a fellow RPFer. You looked outstanding, Joe!

This was SUCH an awesomely crazy con this year, I can't even fully articulate it... I feel like I could sleep for at least 2 days, but there's no rest for the wicked. I'm back to the day job tomorrow. :sleep

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back