Emerald City ComiCon 2014 - Updated 03/25/14

Re: Emerald City ComiCon 2014 - Updated 01/27/14

I know Im going if you see me I'll be the Space Jockey Engineer that looks badass but I'm only going for a couple of days.

Re: Emerald City ComiCon 2014 - Updated 01/27/14

Ok fellow Members. I have a friendly request for a favour from any of you who are attending either MegaCon or EmeraldCityCon. Long story as short as I can make it....A fellow RPFer agreed to help me out with an Karl Urban autograph at last weekends SciFiExpo in Dallas. To be accurate, it was 2 autographs. Anyway, I printed out the photo's myself and sent them across the pond. I explained what I was after re names etc, worked out how much it would cost and paypal'd it over. Anyway, the autos were paid for and the photos handed over. Unfortunately through an error in queue management or something the autographs were obtained...but on the rear of both photos. I had planned on framing them both, but am not able to now. I've heard that Mr Urban is a fairly reasonable guy so I was wondering if anyone fancied
1) taking them to another con, explaining the error, and seeing if he'll resign the fronts, for a reduced cost (or no cost!) but if he won't, then
2) taking another photo and getting that signed? (Then I can frame the front of one photo alongside the autograph on the rear of the other one for my Brother, and have a correctly signed one to frame with my set).
Phew...sorry for the length of this, but really wanted to try and explain it all properly. Thanks for reading (assuming you stayed this long!)

Re: Emerald City ComiCon 2014 - Updated 02/14/14

Incredible new addition to the Writer's Block guest list: Bestselling author of The Kingkiller Chronicles, Patrick Rothfuss!!!!

Patrick Rothfuss
Patrick Rothfuss always wanted to be fantasy author when he grew up. With the publication of The Name of The Wind and The Wise Man's Fear, it's generally agreed that he has achieved his dream. However, there is some debate as to whether or not he has, in fact, grown up. Mr. Rothfuss will be appearing Sunday only.

I'm a huge fan of these books so I'm extremely excited about this news!

Re: Emerald City ComiCon 2014 - Updated 02/21/14

Walking Dead fans should still be happy, I think...

Celebrity guest Stephen Yeun (Glenn on The Walking Dead) is no longer able to attend Emerald City Comicon.

We are happy to announce that we are adding Chad Coleman (Tyreese on The Walking Dead) as a new celebrity guest.

Coleman is also well known to audiences as Dennis "Cutty" Wise on HBO's The Wire and as Z on It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia. He's been featured on Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles and has done voices in the video games Grand Theft Auto IV and Bully.

Mr. Coleman will be appearing all three days of Emerald City Comicon.

I hope I'm going but I haven't received tickets yet......only a confirmation number! Anyone else not received their tickets yet? I'm trying to figure out who to contact. The website said they would be sent a couple months ahead of time.....that's getting pretty slim now.

I hope I'm going but I haven't received tickets yet......only a confirmation number! Anyone else not received their tickets yet? I'm trying to figure out who to contact. The website said they would be sent a couple months ahead of time.....that's getting pretty slim now.

Try reaching out to them on their facebook page. https://www.facebook.com/emeraldcitycomicon or their twitter feed: https://twitter.com/emeraldcitycon

The tickets will be mailing out the first week of march.

Here's contact info if you need to change your mailing address or anything else:

ShowClix | Edit Account Info (Email, Name, Password...

e-mail support@showclix.com

Re: Emerald City ComiCon 2014 - Updated 02/28/14

Another author has joined the ranks!

Kevin J. Anderson
Kevin J. Anderson is a bestselling science fiction author, including novels in the Star Wars, StarCraft, The X-Files, and Titan A.E. universes. He is also the co-author of the Dune prequels, including Mentats of Dune. Anderson has written Tales of the Jedi for Dark Horse, and Clockwork Angels for BOOM! Studios.

The schedule is now live on the website!

So, I've been kind of sitting on my hands, excited to share this news, but not quite wanting to jump the gun: Talaria Press will be all over the Writer's Block programming segment. My fellow founders and I (including another RPFer, Grimlock2d) will be participating in several panels as panelists, and even moderating a few as well!

I'll link to a write up on our website later with a full breakdown of where we'll be and when.

It's gonna be CRAZY! :D

Ooooh, this is cool. If you've wanted to visit the SciFi museum at the EMP and haven't been able to make it, you'll be able to see some of the items at ECCC!

03.04.2014 EMP Museum Artifacts at ECCC!

531660268a0ff_01.jpg

The EMP Museum will be exhibiting at Emerald City Comicon, at booth 2802. The will have a mixture of weird and wonderful artifacts from their permanent collection, including:

• Klingon d'k tahg (or Daqtagh) from Star Trek: The Next Generation.
  • Sun shades from the movie Waterworld.
  • Spaceship safety card from the movie Coneheads.
Other (currently secret) items, to be announced closer to the convention.

That will be pretty cool!

Ooooh, this is cool. If you've wanted to visit the SciFi museum at the EMP and haven't been able to make it, you'll be able to see some of the items at ECCC!

03.04.2014 EMP Museum Artifacts at ECCC!

http://emeraldcitycomicon.com/_storage/531660268a0ff_01.jpg
The EMP Museum will be exhibiting at Emerald City Comicon, at booth 2802. The will have a mixture of weird and wonderful artifacts from their permanent collection, including:

• Klingon d'k tahg (or Daqtagh) from Star Trek: The Next Generation.
  • Sun shades from the movie Waterworld.
  • Spaceship safety card from the movie Coneheads.
Other (currently secret) items, to be announced closer to the convention.

I was looking through the programming for Friday and there's "Basics for Creating Props and Accessories" panel featuring Christina Carr and Martin Hunger. I don't suppose they would be RPF members, hehe?

"With a combined 50 years of creations between them, Christina Carr and Martin Hunger share their experiences in the world of prop building! Find out how they turned their hobby to a profession and how you could do the same. Using both homemade and production items, they'll show you tricks of the trade!"

That's a must see! :popcorn

Okay, so "write up" turned into "write ups" for the website. There was just no way to put them together cohesively into one post so each day is getting its own post on the website, along with a schedule of when we'll be at our table signing. Anyway, here's the official announcement from the Talaria Press website:

Talaria Press & Emerald City Comicon's Writer's Block

If you’ve been watching the Emerald City ComiCon website, you’ve seen that the schedule has officially gone live and there is an absolute ton of awesomeness contained in those little blocks of time!

Talaria Press has had a regular presence at ECCC the last few years, but this year, we’re taking it up a few serious notches. With the creation of an entirely new segment of programming called Writer’s Block which is entirely devoted to non-comic storytelling, ECCC has thrown the doors wide open and the TalP founders will be right in the thick of it!

We’ll be moderating as well as participating as panelists on numerous panels over the weekend, in addition to signing books at our table and in the author signing area. We’ll have copies of all our individual series books on-hand, as well as our past anthologies (perhaps even spiffed up with a new cover), plus our brand new end-of-the-world anthology titled And I Feel Fine!

Although we, of course, hope you’ll turn out to see us in particular, we strongly urge those of you with an interest in writing to support the Writer’s Block as a whole and help us make it as incredible as we know it can be.

Keep an eye on our page for day-by-day listings of the panels we’ll be either moderating or participating as panelists on. All panels will be in rooms 309-310 in the Convention Center.

On behalf of all the founders, thank you for your ongoing support of Talaria Press! Without you, none of this would be possible.

Last edited:
Re: Emerald City ComiCon 2014 - Updated 03/08/14

Daily schedules are going up on the TalP website. Friday and Saturday are up. Sunday coming tomorrow!

Friday Schedule
Highlights:
* My husband Garth (Grimlock2d here) and I will be panelists alongside Dave Wolverton about how superheroes can be valid subjects of serious prose.
* I'll be moderating a panel about crafting realistic characters, featuring Cornelia Funke and a couple local indie authors.

Saturday Schedule
Highlights:
* Garth will join Vancouver author Lorna Suzuki (whose books have been optioned for movies, the first of which is currently in pre-production) for a fun panel about writing successful fight scenes.
* I'll be moderating again, and back with Dave Wolverton, to bring you a panel about he challenges and joys of writing in the past.

Sunday Schedule

Heyo RPF ECCC attendees/participants/etc. I'm pretty new at the whole con thing, as well as cosplay in general so I had a few basic ECCC questions for the crew. I'm definitely going to try and get to the saturday event. I plan to wear my buzz lightyear costume from halloween since I spent so much time on it, may as well get some more mileage!
On a side note, I'm an idiot and waited far too long to figure out my plan - I see saturday tickets are sold out by now, but hopefully Craigslist will come through. So let's say I get a ticket.

The only con I've been to so far was also ECCC (I had heard interesting stuff, and as I live in Seattle it was easy, so I went I think it was two years ago, as Bender and had a ton of fun) but it was a bit of a whirlwind with people wanting pics so that I felt like I didn't get to really experience things as well as maybe if I had not worn a costume. Obviously I loved the attention but I wasn't sure if I was really "doing it right." My buddy and I also totally screwed up and got in every line late enough to miss the darn panels except one on vector graphics which was super cool. I was especially upset that we missed the futurama panel. I also see that there's an after party on Saturday which also has some sort of costume contest with various themes.

In your experienced opinion does it make sense to costume it up the whole time, or maybe just suit up for the costume party? I think I only have time to do one day, or maybe I'd hit a different day without costume.
Is the costume party good for people like my wife/friends who won't necessarily have a costume but want to join me?
For panels and other seated events do you sort of hover at the side of the room when your costume doesn't fit in a chair, or you can't sit down? What are your thoughts on that part of it?
Anyway, whatever sort of good lessons you guys have would be helpful.

And I hope like hell I can get a ticket and see you all there!

I'm going in my Skeksis costume on Saturday. The other days i'm going to check out the vendors/panels etc. Last year the room for the costume party/ contest was huge so If you're in a bulky costume you don't have to be too worried just don't sit right in front of someone so that they can't see anything. It wasn't really a party, just a sit down and watch thing.

Sunday night is a costumes welcome after party thing at Q Nightclub but I've never been to it. I would maybe check local businesses too for tickets?

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back