Emerald City ComiCon 2014 - Updated 03/25/14

Re: Emerald City ComiCon 2014 - Updated 12/18/13

New special announcement:

Karl Urban (Sat/Sun Only)
Currently starring as Detective John Kennex on the hit FOX show Almost Human, he's a worldwide sensation. From his native New Zealand, he first gained fame everywhere playing Julius Caesar on Hercules and Xena: Warrior Princess, and it's been a steady stream of awesome ever since. Eomer in the Lord of the Rings trilogy, Krill in The Bourne Supremacy. JUDGE. DREDD.

He was in this year's hit Riddick sequel, and has taken over the legendary role of Dr. Leonard "Bones" McCoy in the Star Trek franchise.

Mr. Urban will be appearing at Emerald City Comicon on Saturday and Sunday Only.

KARL FREAKING URBAN, you guys!!!!
I'm just a little excited about this... :love

Re: Emerald City ComiCon 2014 - Updated 12/18/13

I just saw this on the ECCC site! My wife and I have been hooked on watching Almost Human too, so we're both excited.

New special announcement:

Karl Urban (Sat/Sun Only)
Currently starring as Detective John Kennex on the hit FOX show Almost Human, he's a worldwide sensation. From his native New Zealand, he first gained fame everywhere playing Julius Caesar on Hercules and Xena: Warrior Princess, and it's been a steady stream of awesome ever since. Eomer in the Lord of the Rings trilogy, Krill in The Bourne Supremacy. JUDGE. DREDD.

He was in this year's hit Riddick sequel, and has taken over the legendary role of Dr. Leonard "Bones" McCoy in the Star Trek franchise.

Mr. Urban will be appearing at Emerald City Comicon on Saturday and Sunday Only.

KARL FREAKING URBAN, you guys!!!!
I'm just a little excited about this... :love

Re: Emerald City ComiCon 2014 - Updated 12/19/13

Another author announcement today!

John Scalzi
He is best known for his Old Man's War series, three novels of which have been nominated for the Hugo Award, and for his blog Whatever. His novel Redshirts won the 2013 Hugo Award for Best Novel. He has written non-fiction books and columns on many topics such as finance, video games, films, astronomy, and writing. He was a creative consultant for the TV series Stargate Universe.

Unfortunately we have had to cancel our family vacation to the ECCC :( On the upside, if we can get our house sold this summer we will be moving to the Seattle area, and attending every event possible in the NW! :D

Unfortunately we have had to cancel our family vacation to the ECCC :( On the upside, if we can get our house sold this summer we will be moving to the Seattle area, and attending every event possible in the NW! :D

Awww, man. Looking forward to seeing you in 2015 then! :)

sounds like a great con! my cousins wanna head to this one, I missed last year's so hopefully I make it this year!

Re: Emerald City ComiCon 2014 - Updated 01/07/14

Rachel Nichols (Sat/Sun Only)
After starting out on the Emmy-nominated series Line of Fire and the crime drama The Inside, she went on to play Rachel Gibson on the smash hit Alias and headlined the cult thriller P2. She was Scarlett in G.I. Joe: The Rise of Cobra, Gaila in Star Trek (2009), Tamara in Conan the Barbarian, and spent a season on CBS’ Criminal Minds.

She currently stars as Detective Kiera Cameron in the time-traveling police drama Continuum.

Ms. Nichols will be appearing at Emerald City Comicon on Saturday and Sunday Only.

Re: Emerald City ComiCon 2014 - Updated 01/16/14

Another author joins the ranks!

Dave Wolverton
Dave Wolverton (also known as David Farland) is a science fiction and fantasy author. Best known for his work on the Runelords series of novels he has also worked on several Star Wars Expanded Universe books, notably The Courtship of Princess Leia and The Rising Force. He also recently begun a new Young Adult series entitled Nightingale.

Re: Emerald City ComiCon 2014 - Updated 01/21/14

Calling all Whovians! Amy Pond is coming to ECCC! *kermitflail*

Karen Gillan (Sunday Only)
Known internationally as Amy Pond from Doctor Who, she's about to rock the universe this summer as Nebula in Marvel's Guardians of the Galaxy!

Not before bringing her Scottish charm to the Emerald City first.

Ms. Gillan will be appearing at Emerald City Comicon on SUNDAY ONLY.

So, as you can likely tell, I'm a little excited about this. :$

Amy and Rory are my favorite companions and I'm beyond excited that my beloved Pond will be joining us!

I will be there to see all of them especially Karl Urban and Michael Beihn.

:love Awesome news!! :love
Calling all Whovians! Amy Pond is coming to ECCC! *kermitflail*

Karen Gillan (Sunday Only)
Known internationally as Amy Pond from Doctor Who, she's about to rock the universe this summer as Nebula in Marvel's Guardians of the Galaxy!

Not before bringing her Scottish charm to the Emerald City first.

Ms. Gillan will be appearing at Emerald City Comicon on SUNDAY ONLY.

So, as you can likely tell, I'm a little excited about this. :$

Amy and Rory are my favorite companions and I'm beyond excited that my beloved Pond will be joining us!

Re: Emerald City ComiCon 2014 - Updated 01/27/14

Ron Perlman (Sat/Sun Only)
Beauty and the Beast. Hellboy. Sons of Anarchy. Pacific Rim. Just to name a few...

Voice credits in multiple video games (Fallout, HALO, Lords of Everquest) and animated series (particularly his role as Slade "Deathstroke" Wilson in multiple DC Comic cartoons)...

Mr. Perlman will be appearing at Emerald City Comicon on Saturday and Sunday only.

RON-FRAKING-PERLMAN, guys! I need a smiley that's bouncing off the walls!!!! :D

:eek freaking......awesome!!!!:cool

Ron Perlman (Sat/Sun Only)
Beauty and the Beast. Hellboy. Sons of Anarchy. Pacific Rim. Just to name a few...

Voice credits in multiple video games (Fallout, HALO, Lords of Everquest) and animated series (particularly his role as Slade "Deathstroke" Wilson in multiple DC Comic cartoons)...

Mr. Perlman will be appearing at Emerald City Comicon on Saturday and Sunday only.

RON-FRAKING-PERLMAN, guys! I need a smiley that's bouncing off the walls!!!! :D

Did you see the prices on the autographs? Gillan wants $70 ($75 if you choose to get a photo on her table, which almost no other celeb I have gone to a table for has done at ECCC). The worst by far is Richard Dean Anderson for $85! Okay, I know he was the awesome MacGyver and in SG1 for years, but he's no Patrick Stewart to be demanding that price for a signature. Even his photo op prices are the same.

I am overall going to have to re-evaluate who all I want to get. Definitely Urban, Biehn, Walking Dead, Nancy Cartwright, and Ron Perlman. But some of the others I already bought my nice metallic photos for I may have to ditch because prices are definitely high. Looks like even the voice talent has a $20 per instead of last year's $10, plus last year they did one item free and each item after $10. Photo ops are even more expensive as well. By the end of it how much money will you have left to spend for the artists & exclusives out there and booths in the convention center? It's going to be one very expensive weekend.

Did you see the prices on the autographs? Gillan wants $70 ($75 if you choose to get a photo on her table, which almost no other celeb I have gone to a table for has done at ECCC). The worst by far is Richard Dean Anderson for $85! Okay, I know he was the awesome MacGyver and in SG1 for years, but he's no Patrick Stewart to be demanding that price for a signature. Even his photo op prices are the same.

I am overall going to have to re-evaluate who all I want to get. Definitely Urban, Biehn, Walking Dead, Nancy Cartwright, and Ron Perlman. But some of the others I already bought my nice metallic photos for I may have to ditch because prices are definitely high. Looks like even the voice talent has a $20 per instead of last year's $10, plus last year they did one item free and each item after $10. Photo ops are even more expensive as well. By the end of it how much money will you have left to spend for the artists & exclusives out there and booths in the convention center? It's going to be one very expensive weekend.

Summer Glau opted to have a photo area setup at her table when she was at ECCC so there is precedent for it.

For the most part, I'd say the prices are more or less on-par with what I expected except Ron Perlman who's a bit more affordable than I thought he would be.

$70 is just silly,hehe. With the except of Gillian and Anderson the rest are pretty reasonably priced!

Ron Perlman & Karl Urban for sure this year. :cool:thumbsup

This year will be my first year to ECCC anyone interested in doing a little meet up at the con. I'm in New to the area in OR and would love to meet some of the other members in the area.

Nothing formal that I've heard of yet, but if you want to find me outside of the con, check the Dragonfish Grill a block or two over from the convention center. It becomes our home away from home during the con because they have awesome food and drinks for pretty reasonable prices.

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back