The Necromonicon (Evil Dead 2013)

TheWaitingRoman

I've seen a lot of discussion about the Necromonicon from the earlier films but nothing specifically about the remake's. I think this is a very interesting prop and thought others may want to discuss building it as well.

I've seen a few on here since its release, probably hidden away.
I think the general consensus was it appears to be simple to progress the cover, as it doesnt have the mouth form or design of the first 3 evil dead films.

If memory serves, it is a stitched skin (leather) cover with rough stitching of thick cord.

I'd hate to have a pop at the artwork within though :/

there is some great reference out there but i've only seen a few of the pages for it.

evil-dead-2013-movie-HD-Wallpapers-10.jpg
book.jpg
Evil-Dead-wallpaper-2.jpg
110.jpg
evildead2013-001.png
evil-dead-2013-movie-hd-wallpapers-5.jpg

Called the Necronomicon in original 1981 The Evil Dead, the literally devilish book that causes everyone in the film such heartache had a slightly different look in the new version. Rather than sporting a goulish demonic face, explains Pucci, "it was just this disgusting, sewn-together skin that had hair on it." He laughs. "It was so nasty. It's hard to see [the hair] because it's only in a couple shots, but man that thing was nasty." He pauses. "I really want to grab a page out of it take it home. Frame it. But I didn't."

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back