Jayne Cobb's "Vera" from Firefly (3D printed parts - Image Heavy)

I really doubt the guy I got Boo from would have provided metal castings, but it's not impossible.
Personally, I've played with the idea of making resin casts of some of the greeblies, so folks with Denix or other Le Mats can Jayne them up. But I've never even seen a silicone mold in person yet.

Also, just for the heck of it, me as Jayne. With a replica Boo, sadly.
View attachment 191370

Very nice Jayne getup. Replica Boo looks good. :)
Yeah, I've met a few guys with Denix Le Mats who want to mod them with the add-ons and finish them up... I considered doing that some time ago, but the availability of the add-ons was zilch, so I passed at the time. Now, I've just got to find time to finish up the kit I have.

I actually just ordered a set of Sidewinder's parts for my Denix Lemat. Expensive, yes, but it's hard to beat the look of actual machined metal.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Okay, I need one question answered as I'm proceeding to group my Vera parts into trays for my first batch print.

It was mentioned that owners of the Showtime shotguns only need certain parts to modify them into Veras.
I'd like to know exactly which parts are needed for that modification, so I can group them into a single tray for efficiency (and pricing).

Once I know this, I can proceed with completing my trays and starting printing the first complete set of parts... then comes the math... and the pricing... and you know what happens after that. ;)

Vera was originally in the movie Showtime. They dressed her up a bit for Firefly. There are a few rubber stunt guns floating around from the movie that people have turned into Vera.

As for what they need, I don't know all the details, but I know they need the scope, laser sight, shell holder on the stock, and the flash suppressor, for sure. I think also the picatinny rail on top of the receiver.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

What is a Showtime shotgun?

Showtime - Internet Movie Firearms Database - Guns in Movies, TV and Video Games

Saiga12FireflyVera.jpg

Look at my avatar too. I picked up one of the rubber stunt copies.

The gun folded up, including the barrel.

I'm just in awe of the whole thing. Mind blowing work!! I mean, I can sculpt, but... we are now at a whole new level! PS- Yes, I want one... BADLY!

Okay, from looking at the extended Showtime gun, it looks like the parts it needs to become a "Vera" are as follows...

"Showtime" to "Vera" Conversion Parts List

Stock Area
- Bullet Tray (upper and lower components, total of 3)
- Bullets (printed projectiles to be mounted on 12ga brass, total of 6)

Barrel Area
- Suppressor (1)

Upper Rail Assembly*
- Rail (1)
- Front "laser" greebly (1)
- Rear "optic" greebly (1)

*I want everyone to know that the "Upper Rail Assembly" is the part of this build that I'm least proud of, as it was done a little hurriedly AND it requires some cleanup to make it fit properly, as it is the last component to be installed, and it will need to be modified a bit from build to build to work properly, as it fits between the rear bracket and the first gold/wood barrel greebly.
Even my back-to-back pair of Vera builds required different treatment of the rail to make them work... they are not interchangeable between my Veras.

I will arrange these components into groups and print these first.
If anyone sees any error in my list (missing component(s), let me know right away).

That's not too many parts at all. Wish I had a Showtime to convert :) Can't wait to see the complete kit list and pricing :D Do you have a link for the base airsoft rifle you used for the "full" kit you did?

I have the info on the airsoft at home... I'll definitely be posting it here, so people can use the exact same rifle as a base (so everything will fit just great).
:)

Okay, it appears I have a list of people interested in "full kit" (all MakerBot generated parts for a Vera) or "partial kit" (only the MakerBot pieces needed to go from Showtime to Vera).

The names I've combed from this thread are as follows...
1. Mobiuscorpus (full kit)
2. gyoung2993 (full kit)
3. justanuthercap (showtime kit)
4. Bronson BB (full kit)
5. WebChief (full kit)
6. Scifidelity (full kit)
7. QuasiOdo (full kit)
8. pennuasamike (full kit)

***Remember that every build will still require the base airsoft AK-47, length of conduit, bent steel strap, misc. hardware, and any other non-MakerBot-generated components as shown and detailed in my build thread.
***Any kits I offer will only consist of ABS plastic components printed on my MakerBot as shown in my build.
***Also, all cleanup, finishing, and fitting will be performed by the buyer... components will be shipped as they appear fresh off the printer with little to no cleanup.***

Since this has now evolved from a "check out my build" thread into an "interest" or "for sale" thread, I'll probably take this list and start a new thread in the appropriate forum... please, follow it there. :)

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back