Jayne Cobb's "Vera" from Firefly (3D printed parts - Image Heavy)

So good to see you at Phoenix Comicon! My boyfriend is still salivating over Vera, glad you told us to come here and see the build. I have already sent the thread to him. He loves the character and stole my shirt, drop-down holster and hat so that he could do an out-of-the-closet cosplay of Jayne at the con. Your Vera prop was all he could talk about aside from Jessica Nigri. Haha!

Thank you for this thread! Even though we don't have a 3D printer it's nice to see the components broken down like you printed them, just to see how everything could fit together.

Another thing to consider is that several people who would be interested, might not need a full kit, or even sections like Joe suggested. I know there are at least a couple of us who picked up the stunt Showtime guns to use as a base for our Veras. And we need very specific parts for the upgrade. So for some, individual part casts would be much more preferable. Just throwing that into the mix.

Okay, here's what I think is the best photo of my me and my baby at Phoenix Con... courtesy of Lightning Octopus (Lightning Octopus - Arizona Geek Events, Geek Culture, & Phoenix's Nerd Community | centralizing, consolidating, and cataloging geek culture in arizona).
LightningOctopus.jpeg

I think my immediate plan is to begin printing one complete set of Vera parts, documenting machine time and materials used, then calculating a price for a complete kit along with prices for individual components.
I will keep those interested up to date. I may start an "interest" thread, too... but I'll probably do that later this week.

Thanks again for all the kind words and support.
(Now, to figure out which one-of-a-kind item to tackle next.) ;)

Very cool piece!

I think if Jayne would have offered Mal 2 Veras, he might have gone for the trade :lol

Chris

Look, just take my money already and get started on a plastic Boo!! Absolutely amazing work!

And I'll just leave this here...no hurry.

BR pistol.jpg

Last edited:
Shiny!!

(Sorry, someone had to say it.)

I too have costumed as Jayne for years and like many other have already said, I'd be up for a kit if made available. Incredible build!!

You looked great at PCC! I was there as Vader all weekend. My wife actually had you pose with my daughter for a pic as well (sorry for the crummy pic, my wife refuses to give up her Blackberry):

Re: Jayne Cobb's "Vera" from Firefly (3D printed parts - Image Heavy)

As the owner of the screen used Boo,...

Lucky you. :) That's awesome that you have the Boo. I have metal castings of your Boo, I think. ;)
I really need to get her put together... then, if you get a Vera, we'd be like matching bookends... the most heroic bookends, ever. :)

- - - Updated - - -

You looked great at PCC! I was there as Vader all weekend. My wife actually had you pose with my daughter for a pic as well (sorry for the crummy pic, my wife refuses to give up her Blackberry):

Your daughter's trooper costume was too awesome to ignore. I had your wife take one of us with my camera, so I could show my girls. :)
PM me your e-mail address, if you'd like a higher-res photo.

Actually, as far as I know you're one of TWO. We are the only ones that have done scratch builds. There are a couple CFAs out there based on rubber stunt casts from Showtime though.

Actually there's this guy too.
6194764608_6f2d8a4dfc_b.jpg
His wife had his Vera commissioned for him a year or two ago.
He was at Dragon*Con 2011. I never met him there, but I Facebook friended him when I saw his Vera in online Con pics after I got home.

Lucky you. :) That's awesome that you have the Boo. I have metal castings of your Boo, I think. ;)
I really need to get her put together... then, if you get a Vera, we'd be like matching bookends... the most heroic bookends, ever. :)

I really doubt the guy I got Boo from would have provided metal castings, but it's not impossible.
Personally, I've played with the idea of making resin casts of some of the greeblies, so folks with Denix or other Le Mats can Jayne them up. But I've never even seen a silicone mold in person yet.

Also, just for the heck of it, me as Jayne. With a replica Boo, sadly.
4970132945_8e4544e0c2_b.jpg

Last edited:
This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back