Sleepy Hollow TV Series..

My mom was so impressed that she actually asked if I watched it lol. I think it's still on the dvr so i'll check it out.

as far as an original take on an old story they did damn good. but really.... some parts were entertaining, Crane messing with any and every piece of modern tech to come his way (auto car windows and a flash light). i started to get disinterested when it became clear that apparently the entire east coast is loaded with either good or bad witches; that and the hessian carrying a shotgun, why bother if you have a friggen axe from hell to carry around.
sadly my wife loved it, i will watch the next one to see if they blew all there goodish ideas in the first episode or not.

edited in-- they could have so easily won me over if only they choose to play Johnny Cash's "the man comes around" during the end credits other than some more rolling stones, but that's just me

If anyone has the skill to make this new TV Show Sleepy Hollow Sheriff patch and badge, I am IN !! Cheers.
Sleepy Hollow (1).jpgSleepy Hollow (16).JPG

The whole everyone's a witch/warlock of good or evil made me immediately think of Grimm, where everyone's some sort of creature or another.

Doesn't mean the concept can't work well, though.

I hated it! They had me until the 18th Century Headless Horseman had the skill and know how to use a 12-gage shotgun that has explosive shot AND how to use an automatic assault weapon. Not to mention how he knew how to chamber a round on the 12-gage without eyes! I give it 2-3 episodes and cancelled!

Just the fact that there is a headless man walking around alive is a major breach of reality; if we can swallow that, the rest is just trifling acceptance of the whole fantasy aspects of the show.
Rob

sleepy hollow (TV show)

so i stumbled upon this, because i saw someone posting about it on Facebook. i didnt expect much of it after reading the synopsis, so i watched the first episode.
and i have to say, this is the best show ive seen in a long while. at least for the first episode. its very fast paced, good characters, nicely executed (except maybe for the red eyes on the horse), tons of props.

basicly the story is, after fighting in the civil war on washingtons side, ichabot crane faces off against an unknown mercenary on the battlefield, who wields an axe. after being wounded by the Axe-man, he chops his head off. then he falls unconcious. When he wakes up, he is in a cave somewhere, walking out, and finds out (over time) that he was "asleep" for 250 years.

anyone who loves stuff like this should definitely watch

cheers
EoS

I hated it! They had me until the 18th Century Headless Horseman had the skill and know how to use a 12-gage shotgun that has explosive shot AND how to use an automatic assault weapon. Not to mention how he knew how to chamber a round on the 12-gage without eyes! I give it 2-3 episodes and cancelled!

I agree...and I love the concept and the story and I really want to like the show. But about 1/2 hour in I was just rolling my eyes as it was getting sillier and sillier. I don't think it'll last the season....which is a shame because if it was darker and they developed Ichabod's character more, I think it could be killer.

Not to mention Clancy Brown is a great character actor and they off him 5 minutes in...what a waste!

You folks have to remember that the writers are aiming for a touch of tongue-in-cheek humor with this series...it's not meant to be 100% serious. ;)

There's an interview floating around somewhere, where Mison and Roberto Orsi confirm this.

Rob

I find it entertaining because my dad and I used to watch the animated movie on the Disney Channel when I was young. So far I find it an entertaining lead in to Castle.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back