Sleepy Hollow TV Series..

Yes, because that worked out so well for Stargate and Babylon 5...

SG-1 Seasons 9 and 10 were basically rehashes of the same problem, and don't even get me started on the B5 Telepath War...

Well, both SG-1 & Atlantis ran on the same basic premise of being under threat by some vastly superior alien race and neither were written with a definite end game in mind outside of the defeat of the big bad but as far as I know they never knew when that was going to happen. They ran like pretty much any other show on TV then and now, run until the network decides to cancel you.

As for B5, the whole telepath war thing was something they had to sort of create at the last minute when their 5 year plan was threatened by cancellation during season 4. That whole story line was really filler since they had to wrap up everything a season early which left them with nothing for season 5.

What I'm talking about is akin to B5 where they have a plan for only a set number of seasons and they're given a guarantee of that many seasons by the network. However, if the show is proving to extremely successful then the network would have the option of continuing the show beyond the original promised number of seasons if the show's producers are given notice well before the last season has even begun pre-production and are promised another set number of seasons for the extension. Basically follow the Japanese anime and British TV methodology of shows only running for a limited number of seasons that would help avoid needless seasons of treading water before rushing into the end game because they just learned that the upcoming season will be their last.

Actually the Telepath arc was always intended, it was supposed to be in the 4 th year, but with the 5 th in jeopardy, Joe had to resolve a lot and hope he was going to get a 5 th year.

As for B5, the whole telepath war thing was something they had to sort of create at the last minute when their 5 year plan was threatened by cancellation during season 4. That whole story line was really filler since they had to wrap up everything a season early which left them with nothing for season 5.

mid season finale (at least I hope it was...)

this whole season had a clear ghostbusters vibe to it....HAD to be intentional. right down to the cool sumarian god that kind of looked like proteus.

well, the god just kind of dissapeared, as did pandora. I doubt the writers forgot about them...they are usually good at tying things up.
but if you where going to kill off a main character..what a way to do it!

So how do you like this Season?

I have yet to binge Season 2 but it seems the ratings have fallen drastically, this may be the last year

I'm surprised last year wasn't the last year to be honest. I've seen a couple this year, but still have the rest dvr'd...seemed to deviate way too much from the first year in the second half last year and now more ghost of the week or whatever.

Thats a shame, I really enjoyed Season 1.

I have been following the show on the Web and last year seemed to be all over the place.

The Production moved to Atlanta this year, Tax Credit in N.C. ended, and hired a new showrunner but from what I am reading on the Web this looks like it's last year

I think the problem with season 2 was the writers didn't communicate.

for instance, they had a scene with katrina holding baby molluk and her skin turned all dark. I think THAT might have been their clue to turn her all evil because she picked up some of his evil energy. But it was never brought up again, and the turn to evil seemed to be half assed.

This season is more true to the first year. I REALLY hope the show continues, because it's so damn fun. but, like anything I like that is a NEW venture, it usually doesn't last very long. one reason why I stopped watching TV altogether. the good stuff is never given a chance. just like poor Reaper on Pix.

So far, i'm liking season 3 better than 2. but i AM missing henry.

I kind of think SH wrote themselves into a corner bringing in a god. if anything, should this series had lasted 7 years for the original 7 trials...
he should have been the grand finale. but so early? Where do they go after that? This god guy is also way too much of a threat... he killed the animated dead guy and his girlfriend with one swipe. what's to prevent him from doing that to the heroes?

Pandora was just fine for me. she had a cool gimmick. only thing she was missing was an end game.

other than causing random destruction.

I have to agree....I used to be a fan of the series, but lately it's taken a turn for the...lame.

The first two seasons had a pretty good storyline, but it's gone waaay off track with all this 'god' nonsense stuff; if it could get back 'down to earth' a bit with the story, it might be able to keep long-time fans like me interested....as it is, it's rapidly becoming a big 'meh' in my book.

Rob

After they resolved the whole apocalypse thing with the demon and hell and all that was when the show started to lose it for me. It was great when it dealt with but once they resolved that story line they should have ended the show or dealt with another horseman or something instead of turning it into a vampirelss Buffy rip off. This show does not work as an artifact and monster of the week show nor does it work with when dealing with gods. The show really feels like it's been on life support and I feel that it's about time somebody pulled the plug on them.

I would like to see it get a whole new team involved....on the writers staff at least.

the wife could had been an interesting asset from season one, but they screwed her up by showing a possible romantic side to abby and crane. when the wife came back, the chemistry got screwed up, fans hated her...suddenly they decided to turn her evil with no real follow through on a setup(I still say it happened when baby molluck turned her skin black, but that was never touched onagain)..and the show never recovered from that.

it has a GREAT mythology that is fun to explore..and I really wish they'd do more connecting the history, like they did with that presidential vault and president hologram, that sadly got destroyed. that had great potential for plots.

the other thing that really bugs me this season is the whole betsy ross thing. it's like they are trying to set her up as a new crane romance...but so far, she's stuck in the past, with no indication that she'll be joining the present yet. it's kind of odd how sh'es just 'thrown in' there for no reason at all.

and, the curse of shows I liked right out of the gate continues. this is why i don't watch new stuff until it's almost done.

And if everyone did that, no shows would exist. Far too many people are waiting until things come out on DVD and not watching commercial television. No views, no advertising, no advertising, no shows.

All shows go away eventually, no matter how good or bad they are.

I wouldn't say that, I'd say most shows do but not all. Dr. Who, for instance, has (technically) been running since what, the '50s? Then there are various Soaps like General Hospital or Days of Our Lives which have been running uninterrupted for decades.

Last edited:
all i'm asking for is a show that feels complete. i don't care if it runs for three years or thirty. just make it epic in loose end tie ups ;o).

don't leave me hanging for 20 years like alf ;o).

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back