Sleepy Hollow TV Series..

Been watcing the show.

Something people have to remember.

The Hessian is not a true Hessian. He is the Horseman Death, but has just adopted a redcoat appearance, just as Pestilence has adopted a Samurai look and War the look of a Black Knight.

Given that they are the four horsemen of the Apocalypse, and therefore eternal, it makes more sense that Headless would have more knowledge on weapons than an actual Hessian.

This show should not work. It should have been canceled by now. Nothing about it makes sense.

But it is the best damn thing since sliced bread. It's the first "appointment" tv in our house since Lost.

This week's ep was the best of the best, taboot. "No excuses" is the funniest thing I have seen on tv in a long time.

I pray this show is on for 7 seasons like they stated in the Pilot. :)

Re: sleepy hollow (TV show)

Basically the story is, after fighting in the Civil War on Washington's side, Ichabod Crane faces off against an unknown mercenary on the battlefield, who wields an axe. After being wounded by the Axe-man, he chops his head off, then he falls unconscious. When he wakes up, he is in a cave somewhere, walking out, and finds out (over time) that he was "asleep" for 250 years.

Pretty good synopsis except that you got a couple of things wrong, first off, it was not the Civil War it was the Revolutionary War or the War for Independence, the Civil War didn't take place until nearly 100 years later & Washington was definitely not a part of it.

I'm really enjoying this show, it's a pretty fun ride & I really enjoy how Ichabod marvels at all of the new tech and the changes in things since he's been asleep, the actor does a really good job of it. However, I have one minor nitpick, how long has it been since Ichabod woke up because if it's been even 1 day per episode Ichabod has spent an awful lot of time wearing the same clothes that he woke up in; near as I can tell he hasn't changed outfits since the pilot. Either he sits around naked in his room (or wherever he's staying now) while his clothes are washed or his clothes should be about ready to stand up by themselves by now from not having been washed for who knows how long.

I'm really enjoying this show, it's a pretty fun ride & I really enjoy how Ichabod marvels at all of the new tech and the changes in things since he's been asleep, the actor does a really good job of it. However, I have one minor nitpick, how long has it been since Ichabod woke up because if it's been even 1 day per episode Ichabod has spent an awful lot of time wearing the same clothes that he woke up in; near as I can tell he hasn't changed outfits since the pilot. Either he sits around naked in his room (or wherever he's staying now) while his clothes are washed or his clothes should be about ready to stand up by themselves by now from not having been washed for who knows how long.

They already plan to deal with that issue by having him introduced to the miracles of dry-cleaning (and the horrors of its cost). This will give them an excuse to put him into contemporary clothing (which should provide for a lot of laughs).

Besides, he's already done a light washing on his clothes on screen.

They already plan to deal with that issue by having him introduced to the miracles of dry-cleaning (and the horrors of its cost). This will give them an excuse to put him into contemporary clothing (which should provide for a lot of laughs).

Besides, he's already done a light washing on his clothes on screen.

I forgot about the light washing, he washed his clothes in his hotel room once didn't he? Still, you think they would have gotten him more clothes by now, granted that there are bigger priorities like the coming apocalypse but it wouldn't take long to buy him some jeans and a few shirts if only so that he's not walking around like a walking anachronism. I suppose they could try to pass him off as being into the whole retro look but I'm not sure that anybody would buy the idea of somebody being into centuries old retro.

I forgot about the light washing, he washed his clothes in his hotel room once didn't he? Still, you think they would have gotten him more clothes by now, granted that there are bigger priorities like the coming apocalypse but it wouldn't take long to buy him some jeans and a few shirts if only so that he's not walking around like a walking anachronism. I suppose they could try to pass him off as being into the whole retro look but I'm not sure that anybody would buy the idea of somebody being into centuries old retro.

Well, the producers have stated that Crane's clothing is a tie to his old life, a way to remember who he is. Really, it's the only thing he has left from the Revolutionary War era.

We'll go ahead and ignore the fact that, technically, his clothes should have rotted away after two and a half centuries underground...

Besides, his period clothes are his "identity" on this show; if he started sporting modern jeans and a shirt, he'd look like any other of the hundreds of Hollywood hunks that populate the boob tube, and the illusion of him being a time traveling anachronism would be lost (as well as the pointed wit of his commentary on modern society).

Then, they might as well put the Horseman in fatigues, or dressed as a Ninja.

Rob

I'd be all over him wearing modern clothes and that coat. Because that coat is a thing of awesome. Much like his hair and eyes.

Oh god, did I just go into full blown fangirl mode? Ignore me.

Is anyone still watching ? Does anybody see the striking rip-off that blond Hawley guy is from Uncharted ? He's basically Nathan Drake, collecting mystical artefacts and all, down to the white shirt !

Is anyone still watching ? Does anybody see the striking rip-off that blond Hawley guy is from Uncharted ? He's basically Nathan Drake, collecting mystical artefacts and all, down to the white shirt !

I call shenanigans.

Nathan Drake would NEVER pass on the opportunity to sleep with a beautiful woman, even if there is a bit of bad history between them.

I only have caught two episodes and was not impressed so far this year.

Loved the first season untill the finale episode

I'm still watching and enjoying it but they do seem to be stretching things a bit. I think that the problem that this show runs into is similar to the problems that plagued LOST, this show has a definite ending but they don't know how long they have before they get to the ending so they have sort of tread water, so to speak, until they know how long they have left. Shows like this really ought to be only given a set number of seasons right off the bat that way they write towards the ending without having to tread water and stretch things out endlessly. If, by the end of its allotted run the network wants to keep the show on the air they can then instruct the show's producers to come up with some sort of out or a new problem to overcome so they can air more seasons but do it early and again give a set number of seasons.

If, by the end of its allotted run the network wants to keep the show on the air they can then instruct the show's producers to come up with some sort of out or a new problem to overcome so they can air more seasons

Yes, because that worked out so well for Stargate and Babylon 5...

SG-1 Seasons 9 and 10 were basically rehashes of the same problem, and don't even get me started on the B5 Telepath War...

They could do the way True Detective does it : same show, different time, different threat, different characters, same place. I like this concept. And I agree, first season was better, but so was Blacklist too, weird that these new shows have trouble with their second season. The Mad Professor : Hawley didn't hesitate long before giving mouth to mouth to Mills, and he seems rather acquainted with "Miss Jenny" too ! Not that I mind, I've been wanting a real Nate Drake adaptation for a while now, if that's all I'm gonna get, I'll take it.

Last edited by a moderator:
This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back