The new Michael Myers mask from the Halloween re-imagining

IronFist

Rob Zombie posted this on his Halloween blog. I realize it's not much, but I know some folks here are hardcore Halloween fans. Anyone know Mr. Toth, who could maybe squeeze a preview photo out of him?

I've just seen Wayne Toth's finished mask for Michael and all I can say is "HOLY ****". It looks perfect. exactly like the original. Not since 1978 has the shape looked so good. Wayne worked this sucker to death and boy did it pay off.[/b]

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(IronFist @ Jan 4 2007, 12:46 PM) [snapback]1390278[/snapback]</div>
Rob Zombie posted this on his Halloween blog. I realize it's not much, but I know some folks here are hardcore Halloween fans. Anyone know Mr. Toth, who could maybe squeeze a preview photo out of him?

I've just seen Wayne Toth's finished mask for Michael and all I can say is "HOLY ****". It looks perfect. exactly like the original. Not since 1978 has the shape looked so good. Wayne worked this sucker to death and boy did it pay off.[/b]
[/b]

"squeeze a preveiw photo out of him". That will never happen. No disrespect towards your post ironfist, but the FX biz just doesnt work that way. If WT would even attempt something like that, I'm sure Zombie would have major problems with it to say the least. :angry

B) HELLBILLY1965 B)

Obviously, you've taken what I said WAAAAAY too far. I'm not asking anyone who knows WT to betray RZ's confidence. I'm just saying that if anyone knows him, if he has a picture and if RZ doesn't have a problem with said image being released to our community, then ask him. After all, straight form RZ's fingertips, "It looks...exactly like the original," so it's not like we wouldn't be seeing a design we'd never seen before.

No disrespect to your post hellbilly, but a bit more restraint on your part might have been in order.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(IronFist @ Jan 4 2007, 01:28 PM) [snapback]1390291[/snapback]</div>
Obviously, you've taken what I said WAAAAAY too far. I'm not asking anyone who knows WT to betray RZ's confidence. I'm just saying that if anyone knows him, if he has a picture and if RZ doesn't have a problem with said image being released to our community, then ask him. After all, straight form RZ's fingertips, "It looks...exactly like the original," so it's not like we wouldn't be seeing a design we'd never seen before.

No disrespect to your post hellbilly, but a bit more restraint on your part might have been in order.
[/b]

No problem man. I dont offend as easy as some. However i do stand behind my original post :)

personaly i dont understand why they would use a mask that looked "exactly" like the kirk mask? why wouldnt he be a bit more creative? ;) Besides Carpenter didnt make his "Thing" look like the Howard Hawks thing. David C didnt make his "Fly" look like the original. but then again who the "Hell" am I? B)

"Until next time, create someTHING you'll be glad you did". :p HELLBILLY1965 :p

The following is from Silver Shampain Novelties:

The Tommy Lee Wallace Signature Mask: During the process of working on
masks for Rob Zombie’s upcoming remake several different sculptures
were made to try and recreate the H-1 look. Each mask had it’s own
personality and something special to offer. So rather than letting these
prototypes go to waste we decided to let the original Shape’s Tommy
Lee Wallace and Tony Moran each pick their favorite and put their
signature to them. Approved by Tommy Lee Wallace himself the mask will come
with a signed and numbered COA.
Cost: $300.00

The Tony Moran Signature Mask: During the process of working on masks
for Rob Zombie’s upcoming remake several different sculptures were
made to try and recreate the H-1 look. Each mask had it’s own
personality and something special to offer. So rather than letting these
prototypes go to waste we decided to let the original Shape’s Tommy Lee
Wallace and Tony Moran each pick their favorite and put their signature to
them. Approved by Tony Moran himself the mask will come with a signed
and numbered COA.
Cost: $300.00[/b]

Now for the pictures, none now so don't get your hopes up:

Of course now everyone wants photos and those will be coming very soon.
Photos will be posted and e-mailed as soon as they are available. We
are now taking orders for all of these masks and your numbers will be
determined by orders received. There will be no requested numbers or masks
held. Exact edition run numbers of the Signature Series masks have yet
to be determined. These masks are not currently on our site. You can
order via Paypal to silvershampainnovelties@cox.net[/b]

I have not been one to buy something on description alone but I cannot wait to see the pics.

Greg

Yeah, I can't wait for Sean to post pics of his signature series masks as well.

As for Zombie - I'm watching as people on other boards are just ripping this thing apart based solely on casting. Zombie brings a specific vision to everything he does so I don't understand why people are going so ballistic over Tyler Mane as the Shape - what did you honestly expect coming from RZ? I'll reserve judgement until the film comes out (or atleast until the script leaks on the net ;)).

I don't mind all the little quirks he's throwing in - I'm actually looking forward to see what his circus-sideshow-freakish mind is going to come up with but I am sort of hoping he'll remain faithful to the H1 and H2 masks. All the Myers masks after those two films looked really blah to me.

Their line of Jason masks are very nice.. I've wanted a mask for a long time. Can't wait to see what they do with The Shape.

This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back