Salzo SS X-Wing Availability

Hey Guys, sorry i have been dealing with a bit of a health issue, not model related, I have a mrsa skin infection, likely from the gym, I may need to be hospitalized tomorrow. I will update everyone as I can.
thanks
mike

Mike get well soon,when you have time let us all know when your ready to start on the SS X-Wing v4..

Clarence

Thanks everyone I appreciate it. So an update, mostly good news for now, knock on wood it says that way.

I managed to stay out of inpatient hospital stays, but had 2 emergency room visits for emergency antibiotic infusions. After the first and some improvement, along with an initial negative on the mrsa culture, my diagnosis was changed to a poisonous brown recluse spider, or wolf spider bite, with resulting infection and necrotic skin issues. Hopefully the 2nd mrsa culture remains negative. The doctor was able to see the bite better after the first emergency infusion because my arm was so messed up at first. Hopefully the 2 infusions and the strong oral antibiotic that i am on now will keep me well. I don't want to say i am out of the woods yet but i am cautiously hopeful.

The tiny bit of bad news, and i do consider it tiny at this point. There has been some tissue damage to my elbow joint, so i need to take it easy for a couple days with the casting. Locking down pressure pots with a damaged elbow is no fun. The good news is that I will try to stay productive by making the last of the x wing molds and doing some light scratchbuilding work on stuff like th 1/24 TOS Raider that i have been neglecting lately.

I'll keep everyone updated as i can, and thanks again for the well wishes.
mike

Wow. That's pretty extreme when you're "happy" It's a Brown Recluse bite! Glad to hear the prognosis is good. And thanks, Scott, for posting those links. I think I'll give them a look since more of these spiders seem to be showing up in Southern California. Heal fast, Mike, and thanks for the update.

Mike hope all is well. A friend of mine got bit while sleeping from a brown recluse and it made a hole in his leg the size of a baseball. If your keeping a list please put me down for 2 of those V4's. Yes I said 2. The version with all the parts so I dont have to bid against others for kit parts. This will be my first dip in studio scale and I'm happy a V4 is in the works.

At least its not as horribly serious as it could have been, I hear where you are coming from with that. Having looked it up it still looks very painfull and unpleasant though, so I hope you make a swift recovery Mike.

Thanks again everyone, I am back to about 80% of my usual productivity now, as long as i have no backwards slides in the wound healing, I hope to be back to 100% in a week or so.

V4 molds are all done, more info soon.....
thanks
mike

That is great news Mike I am so glad to see your feeling a lot better,I am also glad to see your molds are done for the V4 looking forward to when you update us when the V4 is available to start making the purchase of your X-wing V4..

Clarence

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back