Salzo SS X-Wing Availability

I don't mind doing them, and really don't want to sound like a complainer but want to provide everyone with a valid explanation. Part of it was just timing, DS turret project ended with the beginning of winter and the start of the galactica project, so when the extra stuff popped up i was just at my max for capacity in a lot of ways. There was also some stuff with my wife starting a new job at Yale with rotating shifts at the same time she started her own private practice, all the stuff with the kids and watching them more with summer and the fore mentioned rotating schedule, all stuff i usually don't comment on here but the last year has been more challenging than most in a lot of ways. Not an excuse but a reason.

The good news is that i do have multiple molds going for that shovel part and i did make those Sealab molds some of my buddies here need for a certain 5 foot hamburger shaped ship. I plan to start accumulating some of those parts for you guys (you know who you are!) as i get going on this and the AT ST. They are easier to fit in with those projects rather than the galactica, the galactica casting fills all 4 of my pressure pots to capacity with no room for little extras.

thanks guys, I really do appreciate everyone here and there patience on these things.
mike

I forgot we came up with that many more after the initial batch. Whoops!

Craig

Thanks Mike

this is fantastic news. Really do appreciate all the time and effort you put into these projects.

Neil

I will start a new V4 thread soon to address all of the differences and options for what i have planned, there is a small laundry list of them. But yes, the V4 will comes standard with a "hybrid" armature. Basically a version of the wing mechanize in high density resin and a a partial alluminum armature.

The Mike Reader armature will fit this with little to no mods, in fact it will fit it better than the V3 as i have made the mounts for it.

Price will be adjusted of course if you opt for the Mike Reader armature (which you need to get from him) and opt out of the hybrid armature.

I have some cool options for the V4 that i will announce when I start the thread.

And yes, started some preliminary molds for the V4 today, I need them one way or the other for myself so why not....
mike

Can't wait. BTW, is the Mike Reader armature the same as the armature I got from moffeaton right after the v3 was shipping?

Mike, are you saying you were letting the wife, kids, family, real jobs, work, life, food, sleep, weather, etc, get in the way of providing us with resin goodness?!?!?!? How dare you!!!!!!!!! I've never heard of such a thing. Make everything we want now, tonight, or you get no soup.....

Put me on the tentative list for a V4 would ya?
:D

Hi Mike.

I'll take 1 (maybe 2 ,if I knew the price). I also sent you a PM. Now, where can I get an armature?

-emojo5

Hey Guys, i will get to PM's later tonight or tomorrow morning, having one of those weeks where i am crazy busy and in and out all day. Just a quick peak at the nearly finalized new nose, it's a bit bulkier than the V3 and Pyro nose, I tried to get it close to both Red 3 and Red 5. I have to say that i am not 100% sure on how they did the noses, but to me Red 3 and Red 5 are pretty close to each other with some small differences. The V3 nose seems to be a match to the Pyro that Frank did, at bit more streamlined. The V3 nose would still fit this new fuselage with a tiny bit of tweaking, it will not be a standard thing but if you like the pyro nose/v3 nose i can include that.

Feel free to comment on the nose X wing experts, I feel like it's darn close but may be missing something. I may thin the top down just a tiny bit.
mike

003_zpsfedeb400.jpg

007_zpsbef4e31e.jpg

Thanks for your updates Mike! Can't wait to see the final result. This will be my first studio scale model and I don't think I could make a better choice.

One question: Do the interest posts in this thread count as an official order, or will we need to post again once you create a thread in the classifieds?

Like Avanaut said earlier in the thread, I feel like I need to sleep with one eye open so I don't miss the chance to catch a V4...

Last edited:
Mike stated he will start an official V4 thread when he has details close to being finalized.

Vader, the X-Wing is two foot long when finished. Here is my V2.

xwing2.jpg

Hi Mike

Sounds great. Really hope I can be added to the list.

BTW, will you offer pre-painted models? I think I might be ok with the building but my painting skills are wanting.

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back