Salzo SS X-Wing Availability

Unfortunately the secondary market prices like ebay have pushed the V3 and V3.1 kits to like $800 sometimes, that is more than 2x what i offered them for. You may still be able to get one in the JYard here from time to time but don't really know. I know i have said that i don't want to do another run but i wind up feeling bad that sometimes people are pushed to that extreme range on ebay and stuff, I may reconsider the V4 for just that reason.
mike

Unfortunately the secondary market prices like ebay have pushed the V3 and V3.1 kits to like $800 sometimes, that is more than 2x what i offered them for. You may still be able to get one in the JYard here from time to time but don't really know. I know i have said that i don't want to do another run but i wind up feeling bad that sometimes people are pushed to that extreme range on ebay and stuff, I may reconsider the V4 for just that reason.
mike

Please do reconsider, I will sign up for one the second it's official.

Please do reconsider, I will sign up for one the second it's official.

Hear hear!

Mike,

I understand the amount of work that goes into making a kit like this (despite being completely incapable of doing so myself,) but I think there are a lot of us out there willing to make it worth your while.

And you'd make so many people so happy!

mike

I'd be in for a V4 if you ever get around to it. It seems like I'm 10 years too late for most of the sweet SS model runs around here...

SB

Me too. I've been wanting one since vfxfreak told me about it and the second hand untouched ones are just wayyyyyyyy too expensive. There's no options

I've been lurking for about a year and finally had to register so I could post in this thread. Thanks for being the incentive that finally convinced me to register!

If you decide to proceed, I'm also interested in a Salzo V4.

Please count me in too. I so regret selling my V3, unfortunately times got tough but fortunately someone here at therpf got it.

So ignore a few of the crooked panel lines, still fixing a few of those. It may not be super obvious the differences between this and the V3 fuselage, but the whole side of the body is slightly "thicker" and rounder, just like the pyro castings. It's only by like 1 or 2 mm overall but it makes it look much "beefier" the way that I think it should look. At the same time the part that intersects with the front of the canopy frame is slimmer, if i remember right it's because of the correct curvature of the body. The canopy is a bit different but a subtle change in just a few parts makes a big difference in the appearance. Not to knock what Moe did, his work was so extremely close that only a nut like me would consider messing with it.

Again, subtle changes that may be more apparent in person than can show up in pics....

I am going to tweak the nose a bit too....

mike

002_zps6760dc9a.jpg

004_zps60df8299.jpg

009_zpsff6bdaa4.jpg

017_zps76c74a8a.jpg

014_zps3db76082.jpg

V4 is looking incredible!! Thanks for the updates.

Just out of curiosity, I went back and counted...
So far, just in this thread, it appears there are 17 members interested...

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back