Dredd Badge models WIP (for 3D printing)

My Solidoodle 3 does great work. The prints are crisp and clean and I get a lot more control over it than many of the others out there. Some things you might want to know:

You will have to build an enclosure if you are using ABS, you will probably want to eventually setup an exhaust fan to help keep the temperature stable so you dont shred filament.

Acetone and a toothbrush are your friends, dose the bed with acetone every 3-5 prints and any time you touch it with your fingers, use the toothbrush to clean the feed gear if you see plastic shredding on it. (After the print you are working on is finished put some acetone on the toothbrush and clean the gear.)

Find a bit head CR-V3/32, this will allow you to adjust the height of your print bed, you will do this a fair amount.

Keep an eye on your print head fan. If you are shredding a lot of plastic then make sure it is running. If not then replace it, they are about $6-$9 a piece.

Get some Silicone Grease, you wont have to use it often but it is good to have it.

If your feed gets jammed then clean it out and heat your print head to 205 degrees and extrude a few mm to melt and push through the blockage.

Use Ponterface, not as nice GUI but much more effective and doesn't have 1/10th the issues of other applications.

Always print a skirt and raft, only need about 2mm on the skirt but it will make an incredible difference when getting it to stick and when getting it up.

And of course feel free to ask me if you run into any issues. I love mine and am looking at getting a second just to speed up my printing projects.

So, for anyone wondering, yes my junkyard thread was removed without warning and not replaced in the depreciated junkyard. The print run went very well even though I had a large number of people still waiting for their prints (I believe everyone that paid had their badges shipped) I do still have the files if anyone needs help or any information on the badges. If you received one and liked it then please post a pic here of your badge. I would love to see how some of you completed them.

i've had my 3d printer for a little while now... how have i not thought to make one of these to print... i know what i'm doing this weekend...

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back