Another 1/48 PROTEUS BUILD

MARK M3

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Here is another client Build of the Crow's Nest 1/48 Proteus. For the client and anyone else interested, I will post the build up here!

Although the Client didn't request it, I went ahead and made the diving planes moveable. I drilled a pilot hole, then using Brass tubing, I inserted the Brass into the Plane itself and the Side of the Sub...

Here are the movable diving Planes in action...

The hull and parts need minor cleanup...

UPDATE...

Another feature that I added to this build was opening upper and lower hatches. These parts do not come this way. I had to drill out the connecting bracket and build up the area behind to allow the Hatch to open and close freely.

The client is a Huge Proteus fan and I want to offer him everything that is possible with this mixed-media kit.

Now this is going to be fun watching this build, no doubt!
Mark, I know you are 'going to hit this one right out of the park, sir'!

-Ben G. :)

UPDATE...More in progress shots...I started base coating with my Iwata Airbrush. I also did the standing set of figures.

Update...Using my Iwata Air Brush, I have started adding more Details. Such as the front intakes...

Started lower hull details...still need to add intakes around hull...

Inside look at the interior cabin...

With upper hull removed...

Rear cabin looking forward...

Rear lab detail...

UPDATE!!!PROTEUS BUILD COMPLETE!

Well, she's all finished. Just need to attach her to the Miniaturizer base Drew is sending me, then off to her new home!

And with the model I built for Sci-Fi and Fantasy Modeler VOL 28.

Update and Recap!!

1/48 Client Crows Nest Proteus completed.

This model features Upper bubble, interior and Miniaturizer base lighting. All independent of each other, Two sets of figures one set seated, the other standing with Pilot at the controls.

I made the upper and lower hatch function as well as the diving planes. The base is also from Crows Nest models, and I have to say that Drew and his team did an outstanding job!!00

This model is getting packed up and ready to ship .

1/48 Crow's Nest Proteus and Miniaturizer base 100% complete.

I triple checked all the electronics adjusted a few things here and there, now she's getting ready to go to her new home. What a great kit! I really enjoyed this build, as I did the other Proteus and am looking forward to many more.0

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back