Star Trek - Original CONCEPT Phaser prop - 3D Printer - AWESOME

Harada357

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
I just ran across this on the web. Got to see it to believe it !!! :cool

Link: Star Trek Phaser original design - hero prop designed and built by a.j. catalano

He has a video link to youtube to show the detail. This thing lights up - working dials - everything except vaporizes a Klingon ! I do not know WHO A.J. Catalano is or if he is an RPF member - ALL I know is that his work ROCKS !!! :D

"Phaser model designed in Rhino 3D, plastic body parts grown on Objet printer. Machined metal parts.

Incorporating much of Wah Ming Chang's original design aspects of the Phaser 2 from 1966. The updated version is scaled to the same size as the original design.
This updated design incorporated classic Trek design elements along with some Next Gen features as seen on the ribbed handle.
This working model incorporates a servo to extend and retract the tip and muzzle." A.J. Catalano

Had to share it. phaser model 2011-2.jpg phaser model 2011-type 1.jpg

Hey - I saw the original concept art 2 Years ago - here is a linK TO THAT THREAD:

http://www.therpf.com/f9/star-trek-new-concept-phaser-design-2011-a-104885/

Last edited:
I saw the original art work, very nice work on the physical model. But the phaser design was by Matt Jefferies.

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back