Star Trek Into Darkness Kirk

nickytea

Master Member
Just putting the finishing touches on my Into Darkness style Kirk; had an "in-progress" photoshoot today:

IMG_1795.jpgIMG_1809.jpgIMG_1827.jpg

The tunic is Anovos, the undershirt, pants, boots, and belt were all made by me.

Great shoot! i see you've been promoted to Anovos' cover photo on Facebook too!

Got my order placed for an anovos tunic, can't wait for it to get here!

What did you use for your belt? Is the communicator and holder from the Playmates belt?

Great shoot! i see you've been promoted to Anovos' cover photo on Facebook too!

Got my order placed for an anovos tunic, can't wait for it to get here!

What did you use for your belt? Is the communicator and holder from the Playmates belt?

Thanks; yeah, the communicator is a Playmates with modifications to it and complete reshaping/reconstruction of the holster to be into darkness style:

STIDCC.jpg

The belt was entirely custom made by me from nylon:
935061_10151356328155059_2030515929_n.jpg

This is a great Dress, realy nice job. I bought my Top from Amazon (Grand Heritage Version). It looks good but its 100% Polyester... What about ure Anovos Top? Can u please tell me which boots u used and which pants? Maybe how u fixed the pants to make it movie like??

Best regards and Greetings from Germany :)

Great pics! I just bought the tunic and undershirt from Anovos. Can't wait for it to come in!

Love the belt! Did you buy a basic nylon belt, and then modified it? Or was it built from scratch?

Thanks,

Pretty much yes, which makes it cheaper if you just want the black undershirt and then if you ever want to get a tunic you will have 2 costumes in one.

Im planning on getting one of these, maybe a second in the future (Kirk Gold and Scotty Red), how did you find the sizing chart? I always go around and around in circles with buying clothes off the net as with previous buys which match the sizing chart Anovos have up I should be inbetween Medium and Large (leaning towards Large) but anything I buy seems to be too baggy on me! How did you find your sizing worked out nickytea?

Did it fit how you expected in comparison to your street clothes? I know the website says not to take commercial sizing into account but their sizing chart matches every other chart I have ever looked at. Problem with Internet buying and being inbetween sizes, I can use the same sizing chart from the same companies and have massively different sizes.

Im sure I will work it out buy the time I have saved up, plus some time to maybe tone up - then the bigger question of which one, gold or red (first:))

Did it fit how you expected in comparison to your street clothes?

I'm usually on the upper end of a medium shirt, so I ordered a large based on my measurements. Fit perfectly, tight around the chest as it should be.
Honestly fits perfectly for a first-movie tunic. Still going to tailor the sleeves and back for an Into Darkness fit.

I'm usually on the upper end of a medium shirt, so I ordered a large based on my measurements. Fit perfectly, tight around the chest as it should be.
Honestly fits perfectly for a first-movie tunic. Still going to tailor the sleeves and back for an Into Darkness fit.

I vacillate between a small and a medium, depending on the manufacturer. I ordered a medium, going by how well ANOVOS's TOS tunic fit me. It's a bit snug, especially at the bottom hem around the hips but it still fits well and certainly tight in the chest. Since I'm 5'7", I was afraid that the large would have been too long and baggy, and the sleeves would have come down around mid-hand.

Sounds good, thanks guys when the time comes I think I will be able to order with more confidence, Im guessing the same decisions were spot on with the undershirt too which is intended from the get go to more more fitted?

Cheers

Chris

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back