Uruk-Hai Berserker pep file free for download

Blaxmyth

Sr Member
I've been wanting to make one of these cool helmets for a while, but couldn't find any files online. So here is one I've created from scratch in Blender.

Uruk-Hai Berserker - Blaxmyth - Download - 4shared

The file is unlocked, so feel free to improve it. It's free for sharing. I'm interested to see what eddyborg can do with this, based on the improvements he made to my ABC Warrior.

The scale is just a guess, where I tried to err on the side of it being slightly too large. The file is in A4, but it's easy to move around to suit Letter. If you're trying it for size, I suggest printing out one of the reinforcing cross tubes and holding them up in front of a mirror - might save some time and card.

I'd love to see any finished peps, or get some feedback as to what the scale should actually be set at.

Have fun. Phil

Uruk Hai Berserker by Blaxmyth 1.pngUruk Hai Berserker by Blaxmyth 2.pngUruk Hai Berserker by Blaxmyth 3.pngUruk Hai Berserker by Blaxmyth 4.pngUruk Hai Berserker by Blaxmyth 5.png

Bump for some feedback? If anyone has suggestions on the scale, could they please post?

I've made a start on the crown of the helmet, working downwards, but not enough yet to get an idea of the sizing.

This is great work! There are not enough LOTR models out there. Thank-you for sharing your work! :) I am currently learning Blender, and I hope I can contribute to this forum as well.

I Agree with Cadeus; LOTR has utterly amazing armor and helmets, yet lacks a lot of Pep files about it. This looks good and like it would make a solid build, But I'm personally more a fan of the Standard Uruk-Hai Warrior helmet. Do you think you could model that?

I'll be happy to have a go at the standard helmet, but it'll be a week or so before I get time.

This one can be modified in several different ways, so I thought that'd be a good start.

Is the one you're referring to the version that has an eye slit going straight across horizontally?

Yep, that looks like fun. I'll get onto it as soon as I can. I'm in the early stages of teaching myself Blender and projects like this are the best way I have found to learn the different tools and techniques.

Hmmm – just finished building the one I just posted. It’s a bit too large for me, but would probably be just right for a real 6’ 6” 300 lb Uruk. I’m going to finish it off as a display piece, so it won’t be wasted effort.

So I’ve rescaled it to measure 170mm between the two vertices at the lower front of the ear arches. Also did a version for Letter as well as A4.

I found this helmet a fairly easy pep to assemble, and I’m going to try the technique of coating the inside of the pep with car wax, rondo-ing and then fibre glassing to add strength. Hopefully I can peel the car off and bondo the outside. Well, that’s the plan…

Uruk-Hai Berserker A4 H196 W244 D465 - Blaxmyth - Download - 4shared

Uruk-Hai Berserker Letter H196 W244 D465 - Blaxmyth - Download - 4shared

Sorry, not as yet - work has intruded too much on fun...

But I'll get to it as soon as I can, but probably not for a week or two.

I've reworked this two-part mesh into a single piece, with a single spacer bar across inside. I've built two of the two-piece peps and while the rim is fairly easy to join onto the bowl, this new file will probably be easier for most.
Berserker Helm single piece pep.png
Files are in my 4shared box, free and unlocked.
A4 size - Uruk Hai Berserker single piece A4 - Download - 4shared
Letter - Uruk Hai Berserker single piece Letter - Download - 4shared
They are sized to 170mm across the head from one ear to the other, so should fit most people. The eye holes will need about a 25mm hole saw and can then be finished with sandpaper. I trimmed the ear and snout pieces out with a Dremel last night and it worked well. I'm finding the fibreglassing a lot easier by leaving the various apertures covered and cutting them out later.

If anyone wants to modify these peps, go for it. Looking forward to seeing some pictures of any builds.

Still got this on my 'To Do' list. Very busy with work and family, but will get to it soon, I hope. :)

I Agree with Cadeus; LOTR has utterly amazing armor and helmets, yet lacks a lot of Pep files about it. This looks good and like it would make a solid build, But I'm personally more a fan of the Standard Uruk-Hai Warrior helmet. Do you think you could model that?

Just an update of the first build. I've got another pepped and awaiting resin, plus just started the third, which is a single-piece pep.
DSC03963.JPGDSC03964.JPGDSC03965.JPGDSC03966.JPGDSC03967.JPGDSC03968.JPG

Ummm, yeah... so I was a little bit optimistic about this file being easier to assemble. Turns out it's a pig compared to the two-part version I posted first! Just finishing off a single piece pep, which has taken twice as long as the two part one, mostly with the joining of the rear swoop. So, I apologise to anyone whose time I may have wasted. :unsure

I've reworked this two-part mesh into a single piece, with a single spacer bar across inside. I've built two of the two-piece peps and while the rim is fairly easy to join onto the bowl, this new file will probably be easier for most.
View attachment 200345
Files are in my 4shared box, free and unlocked.
A4 size - Uruk Hai Berserker single piece A4 - Download - 4shared
Letter - Uruk Hai Berserker single piece Letter - Download - 4shared
They are sized to 170mm across the head from one ear to the other, so should fit most people. The eye holes will need about a 25mm hole saw and can then be finished with sandpaper. I trimmed the ear and snout pieces out with a Dremel last night and it worked well. I'm finding the fibreglassing a lot easier by leaving the various apertures covered and cutting them out later.

If anyone wants to modify these peps, go for it. Looking forward to seeing some pictures of any builds.

Latest progress shot of my two-part helm, slightly larger than a human could wear. Well, a human with a normal sized head, anyway. Next step is to weather it properly.
DSCF1577.JPGDSCF1578.JPGDSCF1579.JPGDSCF1580.JPGDSCF1581.JPG

Thanks, Xaos! Looking forward to seeing your build.

Yeah, the two-parter is the way to go. I kept the rear three pieces that hold onto the bowl fairly thin so they are still slightly flexible. I used 4mm - 3/16"? - pop rivets to join them, then made fake rivet heads out of Knead It two-part epoxy putty.

I found some 1.2mm steel sheet in the shed, so made the jowl guards and crest for an Uruk general based on the Weta mini helmet.
lotruruk-haihelmalrg.jpg
Created some templates from cardboard. The pic with the ruler is taken from directly above, so should have minimal parallax distortion.
DSC04010.JPGDSC04011.JPG
Tidied the plates up with the disc sander and shaped them in a dished area of an old stump. Nylon hammer was really useful here.
DSC04017.JPG
Plates temporarily mounted with bolts. Will replace these with pop rivets covered with putty to simulate real peined rivets later.
DSC04025.JPGDSC04026.JPGDSC04027.JPG
Hopefully I'll get the helmet bondo'ed and painted over the next day or so, ready for some real grungy weathering.

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back