WIP: Captain America Heater Shield

Thain

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
As a fan of the Avengers, I really wanted to get started on some props from these movies. Personally, I like the Cap's first shield better than the traditional round one, so for my first ever movie prop, I decided to give the Captain America heater shield a try, considering it is pretty simple and I can get some experience working with resin and fiberglass. I just finished the measurements and drawing up the whole thing on tracing paper and I am going to try and make it out of cardboard to keep it cheap, but I'm really excited to get started.

Here is the shield drawn out:
IMG_0892.JPG

The shield is 21" by 18"

Price:
Cardboard Tri-fold Project Board = $7.49
Bondo 420 Fiberglass Resin Repair Can Kit - 1/2 Pint = $14.77

School is winding down for me right now so I really don't have the time to start building yet because of finals. Actual building should start in the next 2 weeks.

Last edited:
I had some time today so I cut out the shield using the two fold out sides of the project board and joined them in the middle, but I noticed that it wasn't symmetrical. Luckily, I have the huge part of the project board left so I will have to cut out another one. I did, however, experiment with how I'm going to get some curve into the cardboard when I resin and fiberglass it:

IMG_0898.jpg

Last edited:
This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back