Halo Reach MA37 Assault Rifle from cardboard and foam...

BMP Props

Figured I'd start a new thread for my rifle (aside from my reach spartan armor WIP thread...). Let me know what you think...
here's the 1:1 scale printout I am using for stencils...

and here's the progress so far...

thats all for now...

Hey I think your doing a wonderful job.looks good.are you going to paint it after your done.and are you going to do that extended but stock part in the back.
been thinking of working with some card board or something along those lines.as every thing I want to work on requires me to go outside.
keep up the great work.and is there any chance you would share that Stencil pattern?

Hey I think your doing a wonderful job.looks good.are you going to paint it after your done.and are you going to do that extended but stock part in the back.
been thinking of working with some card board or something along those lines.as every thing I want to work on requires me to go outside.
keep up the great work.and is there any chance you would share that Stencil pattern?

Thanks! Yes, it will be painted, those are just the colors of the materials I am using. Yes, I am making the Butt stock. Also, It will have a removable magazine, working flashlight, and illuminated ammo counter.
Here is the stencil I'm using...it opens in Paint, its already scaled, just print it out (12 pages) and tape the pages together, then cut it out.

use this rifle.jpg

I got a little creative with this part...I mean, who doesn't like a nice butt?

here's how I connected the top pieces...

Isn't she pretty? :..)

​tomorrow, the magazine...

I redid the mag, much better...

and since I don't know much about electronics, I found the perfect thing to use for my ammo counter...Light Saber Lollipops! A simple rewire, and most of the work is done...lol

I also cut and frosted the plexiglass for the counter, frosted with 240 grit sandpaper...

which I then painted with black primer and etched the image in with my exacto...

​its not bad, but not great...I might redo it...you get the point though...

I think It your doing a fine job. love the light for the counter.what source is your card board coming from?or is some of that foam.

Very nice! I take it you fill and sand with some kind of sculpt compound? Then prime and paint?

Do you use any fill on the inside to give it some "heft", or do you leave it as is?

It's actually got some decent heft to it, the PVC barrel, PVC cylinder thing, and butt stock give it some weight. I did fill the butt with smoothcast 320 to balance the front/back. I have been filling the large gaps with mod podge as I go. Doesn't seem to need any smoothing/sanding, the foamies gave it nice round edges. I should be plasti-dipping it tonight, cant wait to see her in black...

Looks great! especially with some paint on all them bright colors. you should turn your counter on in the next pic's

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back