Scammer , recaster warning : latest alias Loganprops, recent alias Snikt Shop

It honestly looks like he slightly modified an Xcoser Star Lord helmet

Its possible it could be a Xcoser helmet, but it looks to be a better build.
But if he is sourcing his stuff from Etsy, it would make sense the helmet and gun is from
a artist on Etsy. There's a few helmet makers that looks to be a possibility.
Majority of them already produce props that looks to be of better quality / standard than Winate.

So a one JimLogan5 contacted us about buying some gotg vol.2 stuff we released yesterday. The name immediately jumped out at me, thanks largely to this thread.

I checked the logan props page and saw he is doing a bunch of gotg stuff right now.

Do you think this is the same dude?

View attachment 716750
https://www.etsy.com/people/jimlogan5

Yup, you dodge a bullet on that one.
Any way to warn the people on Etsy about Winate" jim Logan" ?

Well at worst your items would have been most likely recast and featured on Bat in The Sun. Lol

Another positive, if Bat in the Sun was contacted about unauthorized use of someone's artwork (aka recasted by Winate).
They might think twice about ever using Winate again. :thumbsup

Last edited by a moderator:
There's really no way to warn people on Etsy without doing so on a case by case basis, manually messaging shops. There are groups and forum like things but those go largely ignored.

A little update: I was iust informed of this.

So, looks like its the same old method of operation for Winate.

Its NEW NAME TIME!!!

Because the previous acct was closed due to non-delivery of items and of course, bad reviews.

The old Etsy acct: https://www.etsy.com/people/LoganProps

Clipboard loganprops etsy.jpg

The new Etsy acct: https://www.etsy.com/people/jimlogan5 , how very original!:facepalm

Clipboard jimlogan5a.jpg

Good thing some peeps was aware of this and had started to warn people.:thumbsup

edit:
Sorry Daniel Nelms,
I didn't catch that he changed the name of his shop, the first time you posted.

Last edited:
It honestly looks like he slightly modified an Xcoser Star Lord helmet

Yep. Thats a worked over Xcoser. Look at his third pic on the bottom row. You can see where the X logo was removed and puttied. That must be his base Xcoser he is wearing. Then he reworked the back for size and added that middle piece.

Yep. Thats a worked over Xcoser. Look at his third pic on the bottom row. You can see where the X logo was removed and puttied. That must be his base Xcoser he is wearing. Then he reworked the back for size and added that middle piece.

The gun is most likely just this toy recast. View attachment 717824

Good catch on the helmet and gun! :thumbsup

You are right regarding Winate's tendency to modify toys from the retail store.
His Capt. America helmet, wolverine claw......

On his Instagram, he said that the starlord helmet was a 3D print received for a trade.
Everyone knows that even the most industrial capable , large build volume 3D printer will leave print lines.
And , as usual, there was not any work in progress of: the raw print helmet, filling in the print line.....
So, i would call BS on his statement.

Gosh what a hack. Not only does he recast but he boasts about his work. If I were him my conscious would bother me to the point I would take stand and start creating my own work to build back my name. However, I think that he actually believes this is honest work AND I don't think he is capable of creating his own props because he has no skill what so ever.

Gosh what a hack. Not only does he recast but he boasts about his work. If I were him my conscious would bother me to the point I would take stand and start creating my own work to build back my name. However, I think that he actually believes this is honest work AND I don't think he is capable of creating his own props because he has no skill what so ever.

That's because criminals are lazy... "Why do hard work when you can rip off someone else's hard word?"

I know that more & more people are aware of his scams...but so far, nobody has shut him down for good:behave

True, but if 1 person did not buy from him, its a good day.

Just was informed that he is starting to sell on a new Etsy account.

JimloganFX

https://www.etsy.com/shop/JimLoganFX?ref=l2-shopheader-name
jimloganfx.jpg

Kinda pricey for a recast Xcoser helmet and recast Hasbro toy gun. :facepalm

Also, his latest "creation".
A civil war version antman helmet from a another antman helmet.
antman helmet.jpg
I wonder where he got that antman helmet from the 1st movie?
I thought, he was loaned a Marvel Antman costume for a photoshoot a while back?
Funny how all of sudden, he has a antman helmet.:confused
I'm sure he'll come with some excuse: its a 3D print from a friend, Marvel let me make a copy of their prop, i got from the back of a truck....

Another new alias, another recasted props and toy.
Another typical Winant day.:sick

True, but if 1 person did not buy from him, its a good day.

Just was informed that he is starting to sell on a new Etsy account.

JimloganFX

https://www.etsy.com/shop/JimLoganFX?ref=l2-shopheader-name
View attachment 730955

Kinda pricey for a recast Xcoser helmet and recast Hasbro toy gun. :facepalm

Also, his latest "creation".
A civil war version antman helmet from a another antman helmet.
View attachment 730956
I wonder where he got that antman helmet from the 1st movie?
I thought, he was loaned a Marvel Antman costume for a photoshoot a while back?
Funny how all of sudden, he has a antman helmet.:confused
I'm sure he'll come with some excuse: its a 3D print from a friend, Marvel let me make a copy of their prop, i got from the back of a truck....

Another new alias, another recasted props and toy.
Another typical Winant day.:sick

;)

Check the Etsy shop now.

I know it's been a while, but I have some big updates to share. I heard back from Etsy, got some money back from PayPal (after three years!) and I'm finally posting the conversation I had with Aaron Schoenke, co-founder of Bat in the Sun, which I had kept secret for about three years out of respect for his wishes. Since he can’t keep his word and continues to work with him, however, I see no reason why I should keep my word.

Updates are at the bottom of the article here

I know it's been a while, but I have some big updates to share. I heard back from Etsy, got some money back from PayPal (after three years!) and I'm finally posting the conversation I had with Aaron Schoenke, co-founder of Bat in the Sun, which I had kept secret for about three years out of respect for his wishes. Since he can’t keep his word and continues to work with him, however, I see no reason why I should keep my word.

Updates are at the bottom of the article here

Thanks for the update. I would message Aaron Schoenke at BITS soon, and paste in his previous words about no longer ordering from Jim, paste in screen shots of their current activity with Jim, and ask why he has lied. I am sure he will come back saying that Jim has told him that he has ironed everything out and that he has resolved all the past orders. So then you can present some more proof that Jim has never made good on any of it. Tell him that his deal to not post about BITS in articles and social media is now null and void and if he can't keep his word, why should you.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back