Scammer , recaster warning : latest alias Loganprops, recent alias Snikt Shop

Re: Another recaster, and i think this time, I'm done..

Already got a response from the Geekie Awards

"We have already been notified and taking action as I write. Kristen"

I had a brief interaction with this scumbag on Facebook a couple weeks back. RDmaul had shown me that he had a full Captain America (Avengers movie version) costume for sale, something I've been struggling to get together over the last year, for a decent price and I wanted to hop on it. I was under the impression that it was a one-off costume that he was selling as he posted the measurements of it. However, once I started talking to him he was only offering to make one for me which was odd. I had suspected that he simply modified the Chinese eBay suit as the seam lines and colors were identical. Based on the runaround he gave me and the news in this thread I'm certain this is the case. It wouldn't surprise me if he recast Bambabat(?)'s chest star for his suits too. Here's the conversation:

Conversation started April 25

10:05pm
Dan Glitch
Hello there. A friend pointed me in your direction today because he saw you were selling a Captain America costume (Avengers movie version). I see that the photo was uploaded a month ago so I wanted to see if it was still available. If so, I'm very interested and have a few questions about it. If not then please disregard. Let me know, thanks for your time!

10:29pm
Jim Logan
Thanks for the add, do I know you from somewhere?

10:39pm
Dan Glitch
I don't believe we've met but I'm a fellow costumer. I think I've seen you on the RPF. Did you get my message about your Captain America costume?

10:41pm
Jim Logan
O hey, now I see it...sorry I was responding to your request from my phone. Did you want it head to toe? specific parts? I don't go on the RPF :-C
:-X

you live in cali?

10:45pm
Dan Glitch
Oh sorry, there's another Wolverine guy on there with a real similar look. My mistake.

I am interested in the full costume minus the shield and cowl/mask. The measurements of the one you posted, including the boots, sound like they'd fit me perfectly so I wanted to see if it was still available.

I live in Las Vegas currently but I was born and raised in southern California. I hit a lot of the soCal cons like SDCC and Wondercon.

10:48pm
Jim Logan
cool, I was wondering because I saw Wondercon pics of you. I just moved to the area.

yes, you can order it if you would like

10:52pm
Dan Glitch
Is it the one you posted or is it a made to order thing?

10:56pm
Jim Logan
we can do made to order at the same cost, so you can get your sizes if you would like

10:58pm
Dan Glitch
I was interested if it was something you had right now, ready to ship out. If it has to be made I'll have to pass.

11:00pm
Jim Logan
hrm I just have mine left, I guess I could...what do you offer?

11:12pm
Dan Glitch
I can't offer any more than what was posted as I was under the impression that the items you had posted for sale were one off things that you were selling, not examples of items that you can produce.

Judging from the photo it looks like you modify the Chinese eBay suit with additional pieces, right?

Oddly enough he never replied after that. Who would've guessed?

Ah, this is a shame. I put a rebuttle to his fanboys and fangirls on facebook but it seems as though the whole thread has disappeared now. I do respect him as a cosplayer, he really tries and enjoys it, it seems. If you don't like his Tony Stark with one gauntlet then you're mad! Anyway, I called him on his similarity to the cast he produced and the sculpt that RacermachX produced along with the graphic below. It seems he didn't want this touted about.

magnetohelmet.png

Lol, The only thing about this is if zuexus is right then this only really pats him on the back because he GETS to play the victim. Which he probably enjoys greatly.

Has anybody decided to reach out to the cons in the CA area to see if this information is of any importance to them? The more the word gets spread around where he can go and PUBLICALLY advertise to people who want these products that his products are cheap knockoffs and essentially stolen designs may hurt his reputation enough to force his hand to stop, change states again (wash rinse repeat this action again) or completely go to word of mouth advertising. Basically, hurt his wallet as much as possible.

His choices will come back to haunt him. Can't blame him though, wasnt a bad idea. Just a really unethical one.

^He's been stealing, people's money if anything. And for that he can be lawfully punished. I didn't know about the money part...

It's a shame; I'm apparently acquaintances with a person that identifies herself as his "friend." When I asked her if she knew about his recasting, she replied "his business isn't my business." I'm now at a moral quandary if I should even bother keeping such a person in my life.

It sucks that recasting is so prolific in the prop/costume genre these days, and even worse that so many people, instead of opening their eyes to the ******-baggery their friends are involved in, just waffle.

Normally I don't chime in with all of the posts there are out there about Dave and his work, but, considering this is still something going on now after years of me hearing horrible customer reviews and experiences, and now recasting situations; I can say, myself as an actual customer of his, I never recommend him to others.

What I had received from him was three X-Men buckles. Two circle, 1 oval... well, what he thinks mathematically is an oval. He has poor communication, and rushes his jobs. That's what I can say personally as a customer.
Now, I also personally know many in my area (Chicagoland) and many friends in Florida who have had an incredible amount of bad experiences with him. As a customer, and as a person. Sarah Larson's Reddit and DeviantArt post that was linked in this thread, were products I got to hold, see, and touch as she is a personal local friend of mine.

At one point a few years back, I had commissioned (as in also paid for the sculpt and designed together) a few collar pieces (Magneto, AoA Magneto, AoA Rogue) for costumes I was making for myself and my boyfriend. I did NOT go through Dave. I went through Xtreme Design FX. Dave had asked me multiple times where I commissioned them from, so he can purchase one to copy it. He had admitted this to me, via text, a couple years ago. I repeatedly said no I was not going to give him the information (even though in all photos, I credited the prop maker). I do not know what came from that, as I have not seen that copied collar yet today.

While I have not experienced the extensive amount of drama and rip-offs that many do, I am undoubtedly all about respect and etiquette in the costuming scene, as I commission (well, used to) entire costumes myself so I am on both sides of the field which gives me an ample more amount of understanding in the community. So constantly hearing stories such as these, and more, about Dave specifically, it saddened me and I didn't want any part of him anymore. I have blocked him on everything I have and replaced my X-Men buckles with ReevzFX instead (and VERY VERY happy I did) so I never wear Dave's work again. [[[[as of 6/28/13, I removed the unnecessary post about Dave's girlfriend as it has no qualms with this situation]]]].

I am also one of the finalists in the Geekie Awards (The Angela from Spawn costume!) so it satisfies me to know he has been pulled, as that was a concern of mine as well. Since I respect and admire a lot of people here in the RPF and what it stands for, I felt now for the first time, it was necessary to openly chime in with my history and experience with Dave.

Last edited:

He has hit me up a few times for my Man of Steel and Batman Dye dub Patterns, I have told him on a few occasions to go to hell.

He insulted me after taking this thread and linkin it to recasters on Facebook. So sorry he stole your work

He has screwed over a dozen of my customers and as far back as a couple weeks ago, approached one of my partners to purchase a couple of our molds to recast from....

He's a dirt bag, plain and simple. If you can avoid him, do. He likes the negative attention, he attracts new clientele by using the sympathy angle. His personal Facebook is riddled daily with negative "be sorry for me" statuses.

He once tried to screw me on some Deadpool buckes but I was too smart for his con-job and I didn't go through with the order....

He has slandered me and my company regularly as we are stationed where he once was and we now have a lot if his old clients.

Racer, I'm so sorry to hear about this, I just sent you a PM about getting on your wait list to get a 2nd of your helmets because I wanted matching helmets of Shaw and Magneto, or at least mine finished in purple and red. Now I find this. I f-ing love that helmet and can't believe that this man has ruined it for everyone. Especially you, and all the hard work and money you've sunk into it. Still really wish to do business with you, but understand the tough call you had to make. If you ever change your mind, lemme know man.

Hi,
Again, I want to express my appreciation for everyone's encouragement and support.

Based on everyone's experiences and info, it is very apparent that he has been taking people's money
and recasting other props for years. So, i seriously doubt that he will suddenly
sprout out any trace of ethics, morals or conscience.
And the fact that he actually open up a physical store front, leads me to think that this
is an attempt to start a full time prop / cos-play / costume business.
Which will probably mean an increased effort to steal other people's work.

So, i had some time to think about this whole situation and came to a few basic thought:

I think the more people know about this person, the better.
Fellow creators of props, cos-play ,and costumer should be wary of any dealings with this person.
People who wish to purchase , should be informed, before any of their hard earned cash is sent.

I also come to recognize that this creative outlet, is something i very much enjoy.
And if others think that my work is good enough, then there is no reason why, i should not share.
But, in a moment of weakness, i said somethings out of frustration. And i appoligize.

I decided that i am not going to let some A**hole influence me in my life or my enjoyment.
So, if people enjoy my work, then i will continue to share.

Thanks for reading my rant.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back