Scammer , recaster warning : latest alias Loganprops, recent alias Snikt Shop

Update,
I was informed of some changes.

instagram : loganprops is now instagram : thejimlogan.

I have update the first page according.
I have also added new and old Etsy store aliases.

I sense a new business name soon.
I , for one, will be looking forward to the new excuse for the name change. :popcorn
I believe the previous reason was a copyright issue with Marvel for the use of "snikt" in sniktshop. :facepalm

Paid him 154.50 for his Black Widow stuff for my wife back in December (it was supposed to be an Xmas gift). In February, I contact him asking where the hell my stuff is and the guy responds: "Hey, sorry but I have been trying to look up your messages on my FB and email , I feel stupid that I cannot find them. I just have your name on the order with no address, can you please let me know what the addy is and they will be right out. thanks.

I have no idea how to conduct business, I am just a guy who makes stuff."

This was the last time I heard from him, despite trying contact him almost 3 months ago to find out where the holy hell the stuff I paid for is.

That last part just made me laugh. What a complete joke. "I'm not a business man, so, you can hardly expect me to treat your time and money with even a modicum of respect."

Now, I'm waiting on him to get back to me about my request for a refund. This should be hilarious.

Paid him 154.50 for his Black Widow stuff for my wife back in December (it was supposed to be an Xmas gift). In February, I contact him asking where the hell my stuff is and the guy responds: "Hey, sorry but I have been trying to look up your messages on my FB and email , I feel stupid that I cannot find them. I just have your name on the order with no address, can you please let me know what the addy is and they will be right out. thanks.

I have no idea how to conduct business, I am just a guy who makes stuff."

This was the last time I heard from him, despite trying contact him almost 3 months ago to find out where the holy hell the stuff I paid for is.

That last part just made me laugh. What a complete joke. "I'm not a business man, so, you can hardly expect me to treat your time and money with even a modicum of respect."

Now, I'm waiting on him to get back to me about my request for a refund. This should be hilarious.

You posted on this thread, so he will most likely tell you that you are picking on him and he won't make your stuff now

-The Truth is Out There-

Oh, more than likely. The guy does love to pretend he's a martyr. I posted something on his facebook calling him out, and he immediately deleted it. I don't think he realizes that everyone who replied to the thread should still get an email notification of my story.

Well, you know what the modus operandi has been:

1: Take money for commission
2: Fail to deliver when promised
3: Respond to buyer's eventual demands with a 'well if you're going to be that way then I guess you don't deserve my fine craftsmanship, so FU. Oh yeah, and I'm keeping your money.'
4: Repeat

This EXACT SCENARIO has played out 4 times with different people that I know.

I keep thinking his time will run out. You can only get away with things long enough before you tick off the wrong person.
One day we will hear that he was at a convention and was either found beat up in an alley or he just disappeared and was never seen again :lol

Hey Guys & Gals of the RPF,

I'm Rick - from near Sydney in Australia, very new to the RPF & Cosplaying.
Firstly i would like to say I am very sorry to hear about all of your experiences with this "Jim Logan" character, i regret not researching this guy beforehand, i would have found this thread!!
I commissioned a few pieces from him last year, have gotten the run around, the result ending in neither receiving what i ordered, what i gave in and would have settled for instead, nor my money back (blood from a stone etc.).
Taking full responsibility for negligence on my part, not researching, impulse buying, outright stupidity, as i do feel that despite no resolution ever being made, i need to share with you fine people what has happened.

http://i.imgur.com/rSTIEXv.png
- Initial contact

http://i.imgur.com/u8JUDZv.png
- Payment

http://i.imgur.com/fhoO3Bt.png
- The follow up/ rant

Not being part of the U.S cosplay and artist community, i feel that i shouldn't really have any right to comment on "stolen designs" etc.
My only dispute is my money, this dudes damn attitude and ego.

Hopefully this post works alright, as i have not posted a thread in years =)

Cheers - Rick

Hi Rick,
Welcome to the board.
Sorry to hear that you are another victim of "jim Logan", "Loganprops"....
As with his other victums, there is still a chance to get some kind of $ back.

from previous post:
"You might still get your $ back.
I know people who contacted their bank and credit co. ,
explained their situation and was refunded $ even months later.
Be persistence and elevate to a manager / supervisor if needed.
Hopefully you might get something back.

And if he contacts you after seeing your post,
i would be very hesitant to believe anything he says.
If his reply was the typical "i'm still working on it", perhaps you should ask for
half of your deposit back as a good will gesture on his part."

I've notice on his reply rant "everyone will be getting their stuff, including you"

Typical excuse. Don't fall for it.

Anyone who knows me knows I am perhaps the most outspoken about the problem.
People need to stop offering their sculpts or props for sale.
People don't care anymore. They are going to recast other people sculpts/props and people are going to buy the recasts knowing that they are recasts because they want their toy.
The problem is out of hand. It's so bad that people are justifying it by making up rules as to when it's okay as if they have the right to do so(when they do not have the right to do so). They make up rules to help themselves feel better about doing what they know is wrong.

Just stop offering your work for sale and that is how recasters and their customers are ruining it for everyone.
The buyers of recasts are just as guilty as the recasters.

Exactly. People have the pitchforks and torches out until it's a prop they personally want, then they can't wait to buy it up.

-The Truth is Out There-

I believe this has gone beyond recasting. This individual has gone to the extent of plain ripping people off by not delivering what was paid for.

As for the comment about wanting a prop, I will have to say sorry but no. I have had the chance to buy recasts of props, and refused even though I wanted them in my collection. Case in Point I wanted a lifesize gremlin, all that was available for so long was the recast vinyl kits from China, I still never bought one even though I really wanted one of the evil gremlins. Then NECA released theirs, can you guess which one I bought?

I just got a message in my email...I'll try to find his alias again...he might have a already changed it again too...I'll try to find that email...

it literally makes me sick seeing him build stuff for himself(a new batman suit) while not delivering items. It makes me even sicker than theres absolutely nothing "legal" that I can do.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back