Galileo Restoration Gets Space.com Attention

Linnear

As many of you know, Adam Schneider and I acquired the Shuttlecraft Galileo last year and Adam has been having it restored at Master Shipwrights in New Jersey. As we reach the end of this restoration journey, Space.com has taken a liking to the project and has been giving ius some great press. They just laucnhed launched a great article on the Shuttlecraft Galileo and created this amazing infographic.

You can link to the above article here.

And the article they ran alongside the infographic.

8 Questions for 'Star Trek' Superfans Restoring Galileo Shuttlecraft | Space.com

Alec

Hey I helped too!! lol,

Really a huge thanks to Adam and Alec and the job they have done on the Galileo. Considering two years ago the Galileo was thought destroyed and here today we have a miracle!! What a great gift to fans around the world to preserve this fabulous part of Trek history.

I am so fired-up about the Galileo being on permanent display at NASA's Manned Spacecraft Center in Houston. The same place as Mission Control. I wonder how many astronauts and engineers have been influenced by Star Trek; I bet a bunch!!! It seems a fitting place for it to be to me.

I built the "busy-box" internal components at the rear access panel for the renovation. This compartment was shown twice during the original series and it was similar but different in both episodes. For the current renovation I used the best bits from both appearances. I feel honored to have a small part in restoring the Galileo to it's former glory.

Last edited:
Ah yes. Fine work. :)

8717960479_6eca5f9e31_c.jpg

LOL, you crack me up!!!!

Thanks for the great photo. I knew it was missing something and now I know. It needed your approval!!! :)

Great news it's going to a good home!
I tried to convince my museum but in the end they didn't have the room for her and money wasn't even the issue.
I guess I got to get to Planet Hoosten at some point to see her.

Indeed. When you think about how Star Trek must have been an influence to the astronauts and engineers at NASA; I can't think of a more fitting place for her.

As a life-long Houstonian and Trekkie, I can't be more excited about the Galileo coming to Space Center Houston. You guys have done an amazing job restoring her!

Great job all around, I have been working with Adam to find a place in NYC to display it even just for a weekend this summer before it makes the trip across the country!

I thought The Shuttle had been lost. Good to see it being restored to it's former Glory. Will an interior be added as well or is this strictly an Exterior Restoration.

I thought The Shuttle had been lost. Good to see it being restored to it's former Glory. Will an interior be added as well or is this strictly an Exterior Restoration.

I owe all of you a longer summary but have been traveling. Things are moving quickly and we're nearly done with her.

No, sadly, no interior as there was not much of one in the show (just a chair and such).

But we just received the warp nacelles - do they count?

Adam

The actual interior set would never fit inside. Galileo is actually underscaled, you could see the actors were unable to stand up inside as
they could easily do of course on the interior set. So it's really not possible anyways. All they had was a gray wall and a chair to show something beyond the door on camera.

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back