Studio Scale Decals Part II

moffeaton

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
I am thinking about doing a run of decals again, this time filling in some blanks.

Ideas so far:

5 foot Falcon decals (the 5 footer decals were for the 3 footer last time) - these might take up the whole sheet, lol. Gotta be careful. I also have to ask Ken Rice's permission to scale up to that size - it's his art!

Missing B-Wing decals
AT-ST ESB "head" red horned thing
Red, Triangles, TIE Killer/Gold leader Y-wing
Probe Droid (the orange markings)
Probe Droid Pods, maybe? If there is room... it's pretty easy to mask and paint.
Cylon Raider wing hexagons

Anything else? It'll take me a few months to make these, so we're nowhere near ready for "I'll take a set!!" replies - there will be plenty made to go around. This thread is more of a "what do you need to have made" so I can try to hit everyone's needs.

Ken, you rock.
The decals will be one sheet with a bunch crammed on, like last time. Every square MM will be used!!

I was thinking about contacting you for decals, good timing. Are these dry transfer or vinyl or...?
I could use a 5' Falcon set, X wing, and ANH Tie Fighter.

They are silkscreened with a clear carrier - essentially what sytrene model kits have! Not ALPS or laser printed.

The only caveat is that I'm limited to seven screens/colors, so some of the subtle shading differences get "homogenized", which has apparently cheesed some people off. I try my best to strike a balance with what looks "best" across the board (for example, if there's more "bright yellow" to "dull yellow" on the sheet, the dull is going to be bright. Sucks for a few decals here and there, but eeeeeh we live in an imperfect world filled with imperfect people).

I'm of course interested in those Falcon decals. Any idea of when you'll make and release them?

Cool. Sounds like this will go ahead, then! I will start drawing up the art work!

Any other subject matters?

Yeah, but not aallllll of them! Gene/others brought more to light after the fact - so they will be on the sheet. Pentagon, some other ones!

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back