What should I use to glue Resin to Silicone??

I'm wanting to glue Smooth-on's Smooth-cast 300 resin to Ecoflex Silicone rubber. Any suggestions?

Only silicone will stick properly to silicone but super glue like Zap-a-Gap will work. Otherwise create a rough surface for the silicone to bind to on the underside of the resin pieces and use more of the Ecoflex as the adhesive.

Thank you all for your suggestions. I did a test with some aquarium grade silicone and it seems that it will work pretty darn good. and alot cheaper than what Smooth-on was suggesting. Cheers!

Thats what I was going to say. They have it at home depot. Lets hope youre working on your mask. Been waiting for an update for over a month! =)

Yes I have been, I've been super busy at work and haven't been able to update in awhile. I've ran into some problems with my first pull, I think i made it overly complex with what i was trying to do. If i can't salvage it I'll do a simpler cast.

you can drill lots of holes into the resin at multiple angles to create a mechanical lock when gluing with the bathroom sealant

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back