"Arrow" TV Series - Recurve Bow WIP

garzavive

This is a small compilation of images of how I create the bow of "The Hood/Green Arrow" from the series "Arrow".

Step
I started with making a mold of a still that I get from the album in the RPF.
View attachment arrow-green-arrow-08.JPG editada_100_3735.jpg

Step 2
I cut a large block of wood to a 3 cm wide by 50 cm long piece. Then I draw the curves of the bow and begin with the sandpaper.

This is the first version
editada_100_3726.jpg

Later I will continue sanding till I get a more accurate version.

Step 3
The bow arms.
To be continue....

P.S.: I from Argentina and I'm trying to keep a good impression but if I have any mistake pronouncing or writing any word please let me know.
Thanks!!!

Is this a fully functioning bow or is it just for show. I only ask because you said you made the limbs out of plastic (I know this can be done but I just want to double check) :d

BOW MARK II
Since that my last version was a complete failed I made a new one now with mood limbs. It can not bend because it may break but with an elastic string I can create the illusion of shooting.
100_4059.JPG

I also made the "boat cleat" in wood and I painted it gold...
100_4060.JPG

... and the Strap Hinges from foam.

You can also find boat cleats in brass like the screen used bow if you are looking for a metal part. Build is looking great so far man.

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back