Lilith (Borderlands 1) WIP

Kearstin

Jacket was commissioned:
904534_556811021026490_1855268517_o.jpg

I bought the boots and made the shinguards:
478638_560238170683775_607737532_o.jpg

Took a pair of khakis and dark denim jeans and made these:
The khakis were cut, ritdyed, spray painted and colored on with paint pens for the cell-shading.
The jean shorts I colored on with paint pen.
413621_559948024046123_1369490070_o.jpg

Arda wig and wefts, added and styled by me:
843086_526480710726188_796573756_o.jpg

My cell-shading:
414185_558747637499495_1710041280_o.jpg

I have some more WIP photos on my phone somewhere, so I will update accordingly!
<3

You seem to do all this at a pretty high level....do you have a job and this as well? I'm planning something big for Halloween and I'm just trying to see how talented people like you find the time. 50 hours at work can suck the life out of you at times.

I used to take on commissions, but I honestly do not have the time anymore to keep up with them respectfully, so I don't. But as for a job? Nope! I guess you can say I just know how to draw well? :)

I'm actually going to be redoing my yellow sweater. After seeing photos and wearing it, the sweater just was too baggy. Instead of bringing it in to become tighter, I was considering just making a "sweater" out of spandex, and painting it the same way. Having it more form fitting to me, as well as smoother for the animated effect.
I did love wearing this though! Very comfy!

Wow. I agree on the cell shading, do you draw often? :p
Honestly not really not anymore! All my "art activity" went to costuming when I started in '08. I mean I draw when I'm drafting costumes, but that doesn't REALLY count HAHA. The process in my brain how it executes is I seriously just look at the reference photo, zoom in, and copy it by drawing straight on the item. haha

- - - Updated - - -

Hey, do you remember the colour of the Arda wig? I get that you added wefts yourself (you did a really good job, by the way) but the base colour is so perfect. I would love to know what the colour was called :]
Yes! It's in maroon!

Hi there! Do you remember who you commissioned for the vest? I'm cosplaying as her in March, and I'm completely striking out on a good vest. ><
Thanks for the info!

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back