Spartan Undersuit

Blackdog uk

Hi all. I have not posted on the RPF before but have been reading your posts for some time now. very good stuff! I am wanting to make a Halo 4 costume at some point in the future. I am also aware of the probs with materials for the undersuit, so i thought i would start with that. This is what i came up with. It is latex and very strechy and strong. The hex's are aroumd 7mm and the latex is about 1 to 2mm thick. Just need to make up a pile of this stuff and i'm off!! web-003.jpgweb-001.jpg

Hey, where did you get this? Did you make it yourself? I was lucky to find tiles in my local hardware store that had the hex pattern on the back. I bought a pack and I am planning to produce latex or silicone sheets reinforce with cloth to create the Spartan

Hey, where did you get this? Did you make it yourself? I was lucky to find tiles in my local hardware store that had the hex pattern on the back. I bought a pack and I am planning to produce latex or silicone sheets reinforce with cloth to create the Spartan
Hi Dirtsen.
Made it myself. It is latex, i did it from a plaster mould i made of a foam master. Its 41 cm long and 28 cm wide. Because its a plaster mould you can use a thick layer of latex in one go and it dry's out fine, its also strong and i prob wont need to reinforce it, its also very flexable!!
Gona do a few other sizes for the back of the gloves etc and the other masters for other details on the undersuit.

Great work, Blackdog! I just finally got into Halo 4 and aim to make armor of my own. Are you selling any of your latex honeycomb sheets?

Holy crap! That's dead on! Make sheets large enough and putting it together would be a hell of a lot easier. I've been searching for a decent material like this. I think the best method for recreating an accurate undersuit would be the same way the Tron Legacy film suits were made...

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back