FOAM Boba Fett Armour & Helmet Files

JWMines

Hey guys, just like to say first, this is not my file! I've just edited it to foam. this was originally Firefek's file.

This is my first conversion from a normal file to a foam so yeah. I did this because I couldn't find any foam star wars files, and the normal pepakura looked way too time consuming and hard! In the file, because the front of the helmet is basically symmetrical, I just left the left side of the front and what you do is just flip the piece when tracing onto foam, and it will give you the other side :) This helps as you don't have to cut out twice the files on paper. With the antenna I just removed all the parts because I really doubt that the foam will be able to hold it so, you will have to make some modifications if you want it. Thanks to Stealth and his tutorials! I couldn't of done this without him!

So here are the armour files for anyone who wants them. The only thing I recommend is maybe either do the forearms in card stock and do the resin method or use foamies/thin foam to make the detail yourself because I've left out the small details on the forearms and striped them to the basic shape. You also just have to think about it and look at the model in pepakura before you print in case you want any adjustments. Also make sure to look at reference pictures while doing it.

One more thing, I left the blaster in the original form as I wouldn't expect to get good results from foam with it.

Here they are:

FoamBobaFettFiles - ?? - 4shared - Jake .. (Helmet's included in the .zip)

FOAM BobaFett_helmet - Download - 4shared - Jake ..

PLUS THANKS TO FIERFEK FOR MAKING THE AWESOME FILE TO BEGIN WITH!

Here is his thread on all his Star Wars files: http://www.therpf.com/f24/fierfeks-star-wars-pepakura-file-development-122071/

Last edited:
Re: FOAM Boba Fett Helmet File!

Thanks for posting this!
Very slick conversion, sir. Do you have plans on converting the rest of the armor to foam as well; or have a line on where those .pdo's may be?

Thanks for posting this!
Very slick conversion, sir. Do you have plans on converting the rest of the armor to foam as well; or have a line on where those .pdo's may be?

Thanks man! I'd love to do the rest of the suit but I couldn't find any files :behave but if you link me I could convert them for you and anyone who wants them :)

Oh man, that would be awesome! I did find the full set of paper .pdo's for Fett (including the jet pack and gauntlets). I'd PM them to you, but there doesn't appear to be a way to attach doc's through here. If you can PM me your direct-email, I'd be happy to zip and send them to you.
I can't recall who did the unpack on these, but I will come back and update this thread to give original artist credit if you decide to use them.

So here are the files for anyone who wants them. The only thing I recommend is maybe either do the forearms in card stock and do the resin method or use foamies/thin foam to make the detail yourself because I've left out the small details on the forearms and striped them to the basic shape. I'd also just want to say thank you so much to Fierfek for these amazing files here is his thread on all his Star Wars files: http://www.therpf.com/f24/fierfeks-star-wars-pepakura-file-development-122071/. You also just have to think about it and look at the model in pepakura before you print in case you want any adjustments. Also make sure to look at reference pictures while doing it.

One more thing, I left the blaster in the original form as I wouldn't expect to get good results from foam with it.

Here they are:

FoamBobaFettFiles - Download - 4shared - Jake ..

Oh man, just what I needed...more foam plans!

Seriously though, a set of Mandalorian armor has been up there on my wish list since I was a kid. This is going to be made and it's going to be awesome.

Thanks for both your work on this set.

Oh man, just what I needed...more foam plans!

Seriously though, a set of Mandalorian armor has been up there on my wish list since I was a kid. This is going to be made and it's going to be awesome.

Thanks for both your work on this set.

That's good to hear that they're going to be used :)

This is so great! What type of foam do you use?

Thanks again!

I'm from Australia so I get my foam from Kmart. There's two variations: a 10mm thick camping mate and there's a 5mm thick one. I've used both, the 10mm thick one was good and then I found the 5mm foam! It's so much easier to work with and very light. For craft foam, you can just find that at any $2 shop :)

I'm working on putting the helmet together now but I feel like there are pieces that didn't print? I'm figuring it out to work for how I need it but you may want to check the original helmet file and make sure all the pieces are on the papers. I took a screen cap. That red highlighted piece the right back piece which is missing from everything that printed. I find it VERY problematic because that's a lot of missing pieces.

see.png

Last edited:
I'm working on putting the helmet together now but I feel like there are pieces that didn't print? I'm figuring it out to work for how I need it but you may want to check the original helmet file and make sure all the pieces are on the papers. I took a screen cap. That red highlighted piece the right back piece which is missing from everything that printed. I find it VERY problematic because that's a lot of missing pieces.

View attachment 360211

Sorry I don't have access to my computer right now to check the file but by looking at that screen cap I'm guessing that the piece to the left of the highlighted piece would of been printed? If it has been printed, flip it and use it for the right side. Hopefully that's the case, if not as soon as I can access the files I'll edit them.

If you do end up finishing the helmet can you send me some pictures please! :)

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back