Dead Space 3, Isaac Clarke, Witness Suit WIP

dogface

This is the DS3 helmet in its infancy.
ds32.JPG
EVA foam on a wally world skateboard helmet.
ds34.JPG
I don't use Pep files, no offense to those who do, I just think it's more fun to do the patterns freehand.
ds33.JPG
ds31.JPG
I'll try to keep these up to date, but I'm also building another stuff, but anything DS3 I'll put in this thread, long as the mods are cool with that.

It's a full sized helmet, 1:1 if that's what you mean. I draw everything freehand from reference photos, screen caps and the like.

I draw everything freehand from reference photos, screen caps and the like.[/QUOTE]

that changes everything, I thought that pep files you use to create your templates. Good work continues

ds3rigtest.JPGThis is the acrylic tube I am using for the rig. It only has one of 20 LED's installed in it right now and it is out of the picture frame.

That tube is going to be perfect for the rig spine. Are you planning on doing the entire suit, kinesis module and all?

Last edited:
Yes. The suit includes a functioning RIG (health bar), a functioning stasis unit (only its just lights and won't slow anyone down) and glowing green visor.

Here is the mock-up for the stasis unit lights. This is just the LED's and the cycle they will be able to run through. The idea is that they power-up, the Kinises unit pulses and then the stasis unit powers down and finally recharges. Dogface will be building the costuming elements.

Last edited by a moderator:
rigtest1.JPGrigtest2.JPG
I know I've been absent, so I apologize. Been rather busy. Work always gets in the way of costume building! Since these pictures, I've heated and bent the acrylic and built the EVA foam body for the rig.

Here you can see the rig body and the color changes.
rigtest3.JPGrigtest4.JPGrigtest5.JPG
I'm working on isolating the light a little better. It may mean actually cutting the tube at some places.

stasis unit3.JPGstasis unit1.JPGstasis unit2.JPG
Sorry for the delay in posting...working on another project (re: other projects)

This is some prototyping for my stasis unit. It has a meter to go on my back, and after I use it, the meter drops and then self charges. working on a video, once it gets installed in the suit!

- - - Updated - - -

yeah...forgot to change the pic orientation...just pretent its zero g

I love freehand builds, this is very clean really like your ideas for th' RIG and stasis unit keep up th' great work.:popcorn

Okay, been busy, you all probably thought I'd dropped of the face of the Earth (or Tau Volantis!)

ds31.JPGds32.JPGds33.JPGds34.JPG

This is the base coat, Krylon Fusion Brown Hammered Metallic on spray-on Plasti Dip.

This is after a weathering with Testors flat black, thinned to a wash. Then I added Testors metallic Rust. I then hit some of the highlights with Testors metallic Gold and dry-brushed it out.

View attachment 204798 View attachment 204799 View attachment 204800View attachment 204801 View attachment 204802 View attachment 204803

The mask is cotton duck and glued onto the foam with E6000. I used rare earth magnets to hold it in place as the glue set. It will still get an acrylic wash of black on the fabric on the mask and the tail of the helmet, plus highlights. I've started sewing the suit, but not a lot of pics yet. more in the next week.

Thanks for looking in!

Hope these pics are coming up. I can't seem to get them in thumbnail but when you click on them, they pop. don't know why.

This is after a weathering with Testors flat black, thinned to a wash. Then I added Testors metallic Rust. I then hit some of the highlights with Testors metallic Gold and dry-brushed it out.

View attachment 204798 View attachment 204799 View attachment 204800View attachment 204801 View attachment 204802 View attachment 204803

The mask is cotton duck and glued onto the foam with E6000. I used rare earth magnets to hold it in place as the glue set. It will still get an acrylic wash of black on the fabric on the mask and the tail of the helmet, plus highlights. I've started sewing the suit, but not a lot of pics yet. more in the next week.

Thanks for looking in!
when ya click on th' attchments a invailid attachment message pops up would love ta see th' weatherin' though keep up th' great work :popcorn

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back