North Texas Meetups - Sunday, October 5th, 1-4pm

Kevin Gossett

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Update! Our next off-cycle meet up will be Sunday, October 5th from 1-4pm at hdtheater's workshop in Parker. More details to come!

The idea was kicked around in the prop party thread, and I figured a dedicated thread might help gain more traction. I think more frequent, smaller gatherings would be great. Maybe quarterly or bimonthly? Basically a dinner at a restaurant, hanging out at someone's house, etc. Maybe one or two small props can be shown off. What do you think? Any ideas?

Last edited:
Re: North Texas Meetups

I like this idea. Would feel more like a local chapter of the the larger club that we could toss around ideas and generally have a good time.

Took a couple of days to get this going, but I'm glad it's picking up!

So let's talk details. How about some time in late May or early June? Any particular location sound good?

A restaurant with a separate room or section might be easiest. We can bring smaller props to show and talk about. I don't know for sure how those things work but I imagine as long as we're order food and drinks its all good. Anyone know?

I have a couple of friends with restaurants I can inquire about as well.

Late May or mid June works for me.

On or before 6/20. Depends on when the house sells. The new place is less than 5 miles from where the current place.

-Eric

So far we are all in the North Dallas area. Anyone else scattered about DFW?

-Eric

Where in Dfw are you located? Maybe we designate a location that could reduce your drive.

-Eric

Well if it's just going to be us northerners, I'm down for some Rudy's anytime. Big open spaces available. If others chime in we can shift the location around

There is a Rudy's on 75 and just north of Exchange in Allen. There are some other interesting places we could try depending on how many make it.

-Eric

Well I guess there isn't as much interest in this as I thought there would be... Anyone have thoughts on time and place?

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back