North Texas Meetups - Sunday, October 5th, 1-4pm

Re: North Texas Meetups

My wife works at Ave K and 15th and there are several good places in that area.

What about Brix? I've been there and it's pretty good, although it would probably be busy on Sat night, as well as Urban Crust.

Ok I called. They're cool with it. Just gotta go by there today or tomorrow to LOOK at it.

Would be cool.

I asked my wife about the coffee shop, she hasn't been there but she said she has heard good things from people who have been there.

Brix is nice, good food and pretty good prices.

Cool they're next to each other more or less.

Wanna give them a shout and see if they'd be cool with us having some small props there? If they have a separate room?

I've only been in Brix but it's basically one big room. I doubt the coffee shop has more than one room.

If you brought a few props in a backpack to take out and show at the table I doubt they would care, maybe show the manager first. I couldn't see any place letting us use an entire table to lay out multiple props on a Saturday night when that table could seat paying customers. I would imagine any props brought would be reserved for our own table.

Plus laying out props at a table invites lots of on-lookers who want to pick up (and accidentally drop) your blaster while they make pew-pew noises, and I know from working in restaurants most places only have private rooms when you get to 10-12 people and up, and everyone is ordering food.

I think we'll be lucky to have more than 5 people.

That's what I guessed too. I figured if we had a small coffee table at least for drinks, etc. that would work, as I just wanted to be able to pass props between us more or less. I'd only be worried about the blasters and people freaking out.

The coffee shop lady said it's cool with her as I described small-ish props like lightsabers and blasters anyway.

I'll see if I can go there with the family tonight to scope it out.

I just saw this thread and want to join in if I can. I'm in Flower Mound. Just a note, I was asking the owners of the gaming store "area 51" in Grapevine about having us and the said they would be totally in for it. I'll try to keep up with this thread.... Looking forward to it.

Yup!

Coffee shop looked good to me today. Lots of space and comfy chairs.

There???

How about 4 or 5pm?

Re: North Texas Meetups - Saturday, August 24th!

So I'm guessing no props...or very limited? Perhaps one or two items to pass around and show off?

I'm most likely not bringing anything, and I'll probably not get there until closer to 5:00.

Yeah, I don't know that I'll be bringing anything either... If I do it will be something small

I'll bring some sabers and blasters. I told the owner we'll be bringing some and some will look like guns. So she knows what to expect, and no surprises.

It'll be fun to pass a few things around.

Break it and you PAY DEARLY for it of course. ;)

Come on James... bring that Obi... I'll bring my partial real parts obi

Ok guys see you tomorrow/today afternoon.

Bring a couple cool things. ^_^

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back