North Texas Meetups - Sunday, October 5th, 1-4pm

Re: North Texas Meetups - Sunday, May 4th

I would offer up my house, but in Pilot Point it would probably limit a lot of people from making the trek

Well, The Dallas MakerSpace has since moved locations, but I still think it would be very appropriate for us to meet there.
I've been told it's just down the road from Tanner Electronics on Valwood Pkwy off 35E and 635.
For those of you who don't know Tanner's, GO THERE! lol You won't regret it.

The Dallas MakerSpace has rooms and equipment for any type of crafting you can think of.
Metalsmithing, Woodworking, Electronics, Aviation, Gaming, Mixed-media arts, sewing, crocheting, ect.
Laser cutters, CNC mills, soldering stations, table saws, drill presses, a kiln, an immense technical reference library, etc.

I'm not familiar with current membership requirements, but if we can come up with something definitive, I can run it by a contact there and see what they say about us just meeting there for now. (Use of tools and access to facility comes with membership, but I think we can get someone to voucher us for a meeting.)

Regards,
--Electro--
AKA The Other David

FYI: I live in Denton an would open up my house to host a party/event. We have almost 4000 sq.ft. so we definitely have the room. In fact, our media room is coming together so it needs an event like this to make it complete. I'll look into hosting an official party the first or second weekend in Sept. My Wife's BDay is Sept 11 so maybe the weekend after. I'll post an official invite but just something for you guys to think about.

I am open to both places. I am in Parker and just built a 2100 sqft shop. When it gets a little cooler, I would be happy to host as well.

Parker is cool. Right around the corner and space is good.

Hi guys, I would love to get in on this as well. I'm in Mesquite. I will be at the 501st. Legion table at the Dallas Comic Con, fan appreciation days next Saturday. Stop by, it's free.

FYI: I live in Denton an would open up my house to host a party/event. We have almost 4000 sq.ft. so we definitely have the room. In fact, our media room is coming together so it needs an event like this to make it complete. I'll look into hosting an official party the first or second weekend in Sept. My Wife's BDay is Sept 11 so maybe the weekend after. I'll post an official invite but just something for you guys to think about.

That sounds great! I'll be in NY that weekend (Sept. 18-22) unfortunately

My daughter is due to be born the last week of Sept, so anytime before or after that is good for me. Cant wait to meet all you talented people :)

Congrats! But be ready at all times... those critters don't usually come when scheduled. ^_^ Mine didn't. ^_^

It's gonna be awesome though!

Dallas maker space sounds awesome.

Good to hear. Let's come up with a date and time, and I'll run it by the council.

FWIW, I just stopped by there last weekend for my first time at their new facility, and it. is. awesome!
A lot more space than the previous location - more meeting/conference rooms, and now most genres of making have their own rooms with space for storage of active projects and 'working on them' space. I was able to get the grand tour, and as always, I left impressed.

They are still in the final stages of moving in, but most of the dust has settled, and the aisles and halls are now mostly clear of boxes from the move.

They hover around 400 members, and are always glad to have more.

Keep in Touch,
--Electro--
aka The other David

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back