North Texas Meetups - Sunday, October 5th, 1-4pm

Re: North Texas Meetups - Sunday, May 4th

Sorry I missed this one! My meeting just wrapped and I'm making my hour+ commute. Look forward to the next one, probably at the beginning of June. And don't forget comic con in two weeks!

Sorry I missed this one! My meeting just wrapped and I'm making my hour+ commute. Look forward to the next one, probably at the beginning of June. And don't forget comic con in two weeks!

I can't believe the winning number was 6! Sorry you couldn't make it :-D
Unless everyone has a pretty high heat tolerance, we should probably come up with an air-conditioned venue for the summer months. It gets really hot at our studio...

Sorry to have missed this... My wife really wanted to go to Frightmare so we did that. Looking forward to next month.

Hey everybody!
Looking for suggestions for a CNC milled item for the next giveaway (ideas). We bought the license to do the phaser for $35 online, so we are willing to spend a few bucks... Let's say, up to $40. For time's sake, try to keep the item at 144 square inches or less.
Ideas, anyone?

What file type do you need?

How about a TARDIS? Maybe something Marvel related

What file type do you need?

How about a TARDIS? Maybe something Marvel related
a TARDIS would be tricky since we would need to do 4 sides and a top. A 1 or two sided piece is certainly easier.
.obj .3ds .skp There are more file types it can accept, I'll update this list ASAPASAP

Alright, with Comic Con behind us (where was everyone!?) let's start thinking about our next get together... Late June?

I was in Chicago. :( End of June works for me. Do we need to find a new place since Pipps place turns into an oven?

I'd volunteer to host, but I doubt many people would make the trek this far north :lol

I was thinking a quarterly get-together would be ideal - enough time between to come up with new stuff, or improve the old, but not so far between them that you lose interest if you miss one.

Gotta be on the non-major-Con weekends though.
Perhaps:
Late Feb. to get in b/t FanDays and AllCon
Late June to get in after A-Kon
Late Sept to get in before Halloween
and Early Dec to get in between the holidays.

Having it on the last weekend of the month helps to not catch anyone by surprise like first weekends tend to do.
Just wanted to put this up the flagpole and see if anyone salutes - or can think of reasons for it not working.

And this doesn't affect anyone wanting to get together for dinners about once a month for those local to each other. I'm nearer Ft Worth than Plano, so long drives more frequently wouldn't be fiscal on my part (heck, propping ain't fiscal neither, but it's fun!)

How about seeing if we can get in with the Dallas MakerSpace? they have meeting rooms, facilities and equipment.

Just my two rupees,
--ElectroDFW--
aka The Other David

~~~Neurotics build castles in the clouds; psychotics live in them; I clean them.~~~

Semi-old thread, I know, but im new to the forum and wanna be a part of some NTX fun!
Im located in Bedford, so not too far from all the festivities in either direction. :)

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back