Can't find Tony Stark's sunglasses from Iron Man 3

Hi,
newbie to this site!!
The sunglasses in the Audi R8 scene could be Oliver Peoples NDG-1. The lower half of the frames look lighter, a bit similar to the Bernardo Matte Storm, so they may be NDG-1 4261 with blue lenses - probably (as usual) custom.:)

Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome! Always glad to get more sunglasses enthusiasts on here :D
I think you're right on track, I'm split between them being Oliver Peoples NDG or Oliver Peoples OPLL. Definitely custom lenses by how light they are.

Thank you for the welcome! It's hard to tell by the photo, but given the fact the film is just out, it's pretty good going by gotmeth666 to get that shot. Yeah, definately too light to be standard lenses, unless it's the scene lighting again! Still haven't seen the film yet either!!

Only seen the film once but thought the soloist were the glasses he wore when doing the presentation with his younger self! Got my police with darker lenses recently so will post a pic soon...I recall we were debating the colour before, wether it was even red....but I can tell you they are 100% red with the tint I have

Here are all of my neymar jrs. 20160530_231915.jpg the last pair has a pretty awesome lens combination 20160530_231634.jpg

Jason going to send me New pair of lenses tomorrow... old once had not anti scratch coating... great service from jasons side !

Put ambermatic lenses in my Ray Ban Outdoorsman II's today and I got a pair of Paul Smith Walton's as well. Here's a new photo of my collection so far.
All I need now is the Superunknown's, Bernardo, both blue and black Matsuda 3023's, and the matte black All-in's, Got a lot of custom lenses to get made still lol
View attachment 603356

left to right, top to bottom:
Ray Ban RB3320, Robert Marc 719, Oliver People's Corsair,
Dolce and Gabbana 6002, Initium All-In, Initium British Steel,
Von Zipper Fulton, Gunnar PPK, Initium London Calling,
Ray Ban Outdoorsman II, Matsuda m2002, Silhouette Allure 8141,
Gunnar Vayper, Police Neymar Jr. 1, Oliver Peoples Rayford,
Paul Smith Walton

Wow... you seem like quite the expert here. The 719s and Corsairs are my favorites, since IM1 is my favorite movie of them all hands down. Where did you buy yours? They don't seem to be listed on the manufacturer's websites since they're relatively old collections.

Edit: Also, I'm colorblind. What color would you guys use to describe his lenses from the first movie? I just figured red but now I'm sort of second-guessing that.

Last edited:
Thank you! I found my 719s and corsair's on eBay. Takes a while but they pop up from time to time. The corsairs more so than the 719s.
The corsairs are definitely red, the 719s are more of a brownish orange color as best as my eyes can tell.

Finally saw civil war, but couldn't for the life of me get a look at the blue glasses at the end. Does anyone have a another pic from that scene?

Awesome! So It's still really hard to tell but I think they're most likely Oliver Peoples NDG. Here's a pic of Robert wearing a personal pair of these and they seem to match the same look in the film. Heck, who knows they might even be the same ones on film, I know some of the wardrobe he wears on film are from his own collection so I can imagine glasses apply too. The colorway he's wearing in his twitter pictures is Grey Tortoise + Indigo Photochromic Glass (In a very light tint of course). I think these are what he's wearing, of course it's just my theory as there's no way to be 100% sure yet (I'll be able to tell a bit easier when the bluray comes out).

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CLRSU_gUsAAlcNy.jpg
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CLRSU-TVAAE2Y7_.jpg

you know were to buy those from the photo you send ?

Most places that sell Oliver Peoples should have them, they are still a current style. I mean, I'll probably order mine from Otticanet when they're back in stock because I've been satisfied with their pricing and service so far, or maybe even ebay if a good deal comes up at a time when I'm ready to buy. Just bought a pair of Superunknown's and All-In matte black's so I'm at my sunglasses budget for a little while lol. If nothing else you can order them straight from Oliver Peoples.

I'm in New York today and am going to swing into Oliver Peoples today to see about getting lenses for two pairs of corsairs. I'll see what they had in stock and show them the picture to see if they can identify them.

Just bought myself a pair of carrera mavericks blue lens and blue frame... realy happy with it :) not a tony sunglass but very cool

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back